Cost of living crisis - how are you all doing?

got a letter from them today , mine is going up by £3 a month, they have flooded my seafront and water with shit in the last year , so bad nobody can go swimming anymore , cunts
Same problem with the sea up in Fleetwood, the sea has turned to shit all the way to St Anns and has been oof limits for almost 12 months now.

No cost of living crisis in Manchester - pubs rammed with people and massive queues at bars.
I’ve never known Manchester as busy in all my life - it’s unbelievable how many people are in there at one time.

How many are students blowing their loans?

It’s when you come away that you notice just how much we get fleeced in the UK. Bottle of perfectly drinkable wine here - 3 euro’s, lunch in a bar overlooking the beach/sea with drinks for 3, 25 euro’s. Some fruit that would have cost £4 at home - 1 euro 50.

It’s no wonder people spend time overseas when retired. There is literally nothing not to like. Warm weather, good value, lots of fresh air and nice walks, reliable transport.

It’s when you come away that you notice just how much we get fleeced in the UK. Bottle of perfectly drinkable wine here - 3 euro’s, lunch in a bar overlooking the beach/sea with drinks for 3, 25 euro’s. Some fruit that would have cost £4 at home - 1 euro 50.

It’s no wonder people spend time overseas when retired. There is literally nothing not to like. Warm weather, good value, lots of fresh air and nice walks, reliable transport.
2-50 euro San Miguel in barca

Had 6 letters from suppliers in the last month, ALL of them were price increases. Fortunate enough to be able to swallow them but how are people surviving who haven't got any wiggle room in their budget? Depressing.

Its getting pricier down here in Malaga, property and rent costs are sky high just now, and rising, and restaurants are bumping up their prices. Supermarkets are probably in line with prices in the UK.

However yes, it must be said that the eating and drinking out part is considerably cheaper and much more enjoyable than back in the UK.

I'm actively seeking a higher-paying job. After last conversation with the cornerstone staffing customer service i feel pretty positive and already have one interview lined up for the next week. I will give my best to get a new job in maximum two-there months.

Last edited:
New building regs are going to kick in over here in the not too distant future which will significantly add to the cost of a renovation or new build.
Thankfully (and hopefully) I won't still have to make a living building/renovating houses for much longer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.