Costel Pantilimon

It will be tragic is Costel is dropped for no reason. I reckon he will just get stronger as he plays and unless he costs us games then there is nothing Hart can do to get back in.

hart made mistakes as do all players

harts form has not been as good this season as last or the year [just as clichy form has been poorer]

the papers decided that it was the beginning of a story they could push, in particular the daily mail.

hes englands number 1 goalkeeper so it has more mileage than a story about clichys poor form etc

then the whole of the media brewed up a storm on him, everything magnified to a ridiculous level.

eventually hart is dropped for pantilimon, who has done a solid job.

a lot of people were.are expecting him to be given another chance as they believe hes a better keeper

than pants or at least for the future a better solution.

regardless of whether hart does well in cup games or not, i dont expect to see him back anytime soon

unless pants makes some serious individual errors or we get on a losing streak i dont expect manuel to

revert back to hart as that will only give the media a return to negativity with regard to city which we dont

need in general. at the moment the press are having to report thru gritted teeth goals more goals and nasri

confidence etc, we are still well down the pages after pool etc but who cares about that for now...

so if we continue as a team to perform well, pants will stay in and the press will have to find another scapegoat

to fill their pages...which is currently AVB then hopefully they will turn on moyes when everton thrash them ....

hopefully we will just get the job done, the team will get the breaks away from home and we beat arsenal and

be top or close top come Jan 2nd and then onward on all fronts with a fully fit squad .

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
GaudinoMotors said:
I actually think he is a better all round keeper than Hart - confidence crisis or no confidence crisis.

I see what you're saying ... i'd find it hard to say that just because we've seen Joe at his best and at his best he's one of the top 5 keepers in the world. So far Pants has acquitted himself really well and does seem to have all the right attributes to be world class in his own right.

The next 3 league games are pretty huge. If he performs in them it's hard to see Joe getting back in anytime soon.

I think Hart is the more able keeper. He's had a difficult time and the pressure of being England keeper is the kind of burden that Costel does not have to carry. Hart has to sort his head out; just like - although not for exactly the same reasons - Nasri did. If he does, the effect on performance will be similar.

Pants has not had a testing game yet. That said, I thought he did what he had to yesterday very well.

Yes he has but people don't like to take notice as they have been League Cup and FA Cup games! Arsenal away in the league cup, Newcastle away in the league cup, Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final, were all very testing games for Panti and we would have lost all 3 of those games if not for him as he made brilliant saves in all 3 with the scores level, add to that Arsenal along with Chelsea had there strongest available squads out and any game at Wembley is a testing game especially against Chelsea! I went to all 3 of them games and if not for Panti i would have had disappointing expensive days out with long journeys home. And he was tested against Barnsley on a few occasions and kept a clean sheet he also made a brilliant 1 on 1 save from an in form Forrestieri against Watford but people don't take notice because we won big and kept clean sheets. Even against Spurs he made some good saves as well and one of the shots he saved was identical to a Plzen goal that Hart conceded easily. Then there's the saves against Swansea when they was on top. No matter if Shelvey hits a shot destined for the top corner or Ozil hits a shot destined for the top corner he still prevented a certain goal. Panti is the better and calmer keeper and like the Romanian fans said on youtube videos and facebook pages when we first signed him " once he gets in the team he will never be taken out" and i think that time has rightly arrived.

Gaylord du Bois said:
Blankomania said:
On a positive note. Had a great game, was probably our best player.
Were we that bad?

Wouldn't go that far. Solid performance in general - several decent (standard) saves, generally good handling, one excellent save (one on one). But one bad error (the cross in the first half that ran across the six yard line) that could have been costly.

(and yes, we were that bad today ;-) )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.