Could we be playing in the Community Shield after all?

I see the Championship Play-off final is worth £170m for the winners this year.

The biggest game in football.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Liverpool had looked at whether getting relegated and receiving the parachute payments, then back up via the Play-offs, would be more lucrative for them than just playing in the Prem and CL.

They're only bothered about which trophies earn them the most money and drop out of everything else, so I wouldn’t put it past them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pell I have a better idea that stripping them of the title. Give Livarpool a life time ban from the commit shield. So should they ever win either the Premier League or the FA Cup they will not be able to take part in this curtain raiser to the season.

Just fine them a couple of million for fielding a weakened team and give it to charity.

Pell I have a better idea that stripping them of the title. Give Livarpool a life time ban from the commit shield. So should they ever win either the Premier League or the FA Cup they will not be able to take part in this curtain raiser to the season.

Thye should have had a lifetime ban from europe in 1985

None of the clubs who are in Europe will want to play in the CS this season for footballing reasons, but for Liverpool it fits from a footballing point of view but not maybe from a financial point of view which is all that club is interested in.

Thing don't work like that for The Dippers. They pull out of a comp but are still given the prize money and the trophy as though they had won it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.