Could we ever sign Messi ?

scowy68 said:
sniff said:
Some players are just untransferable.......

He is one of them.... what could any club offer him that Barca can not ? they play in a huge stadium to huge crowds, can win any tournament they enter....

And the wages wont be to shabby either.

Any where other than Barca right now, is a huge step down.

Not the worst city you could ever live in either.

No, that would be Stoke - and he wont go there either................

The Fat el Hombre said:
mike1923 said:
No.

If he is ever available it will be in ten years at least when barca decide he can't do a good enough job anymore.

By that time he'll be remembered as the best player of all time and have millions upon millions in the bank. He won't want to drop down a level to another club and he'll retire gracefully.

Cheers

So what are tomorrows lottery numbers?

Just giving my opinion like everyone else mate

mike1923 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
mike1923 said:
No.

If he is ever available it will be in ten years at least when barca decide he can't do a good enough job anymore.

By that time he'll be remembered as the best player of all time and have millions upon millions in the bank. He won't want to drop down a level to another club and he'll retire gracefully.

Cheers

So what are tomorrows lottery numbers?

Just giving my opinion like everyone else mate

I know mate and if I was to bet on it I'd bet on exactly what you posted, but my point is that the question shouldn't be dismissed out of hand. Five years ago would anyone have predicted we'd be anywhere near where we are now? They'd be sectioned and rightly so

Barca will sell him when he's not at the level he is on right now; but still astronomical sum of money.

see Ronaldinho.

Not for a very long time will stay at Barca untill he's in his mid thirtys.

Could we ever sign him? I think the bigger question is do we want too?
I cannot see Messi fitting in with the Premier League style of football, he is having a great time at Barca in La Liga with the precise, snazzy passing style of football and I don't think he'd risk coming to England where he might struggle to fit in with the style we play, which is a reason why I don't think we want him. I know recently we are compared with Bara in our new playing style but still for me I think we are completely different teams in a completely different league and I just can't see it happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.