Could you go a month without alchohol?

If a full month is a problem without alcohol then the old advice is that in any week there should be 4 consecutive dry days and a maximum of 3 taking alcohol.
Seems that the liver needs the 4 consecutive days to regain its normal body maintenance function.
This means of course that just one day off helps reduce the alcohol intake but has no effect on letting the liver get back to efficiency in doing its usual important job.

Just what I've been told by people who should know.

If a full month is a problem without alcohol then the old advice is that in any week there should be 4 consecutive dry days and a maximum of 3 taking alcohol.
Seems that the liver needs the 4 consecutive days to regain its normal body maintenance function.
This means of course that just one day off helps reduce the alcohol intake but has no effect on letting the liver get back to efficiency in doing its usual important job.

Just what I've been told by people who should know.

That will do me. I only drink all day Saturday or whenever there a weekend match.

Watched that documentary with Adrian Chiles the other night, which definitely struck a bell with me. My boozing is similar to his, although not identical. I think I drink less frequently than him, but binge more. I’m also slightly more realistic about my drinking than he appeared to be at the outset of the programme. I readily accept that I’m (in all probability) a highly functioning alcoholic and if I don’t slow down soon my life expectancy is going to plummet. Like Chiles, however, alcohol has a positive effect on me (which is part of the problem, I guess). It never makes me agggresive, angry, sad, remorseful, unhappy or nasty. If it did, I suspect I’d do it less, because I hardly ever that feel I ’need’ a drink; although that could just be me kidding myself, of course.

Funnily enough, Chiles sometimes drinks in my local before and after Baggies games. Very unassuming and seems to hang around with some very grounded people. Might buy him a pint next time he’s in!

Watched that documentary with Adrian Chiles the other night, which definitely struck a bell with me. My boozing is similar to his, although not identical. I think I drink less frequently than him, but binge more. I’m also slightly more realistic about my drinking than he appeared to be at the outset of the programme. I readily accept that I’m (in all probability) a highly functioning alcoholic and if I don’t slow down soon my life expectancy is going to plummet. Like Chiles, however, alcohol has a positive effect on me (which is part of the problem, I guess). It never makes me agggresive, angry, sad, remorseful, unhappy or nasty. If it did, I suspect I’d do it less, because I hardly ever that feel I ’need’ a drink; although that could just be me kidding myself, of course.

Funnily enough, Chiles sometimes drinks in my local before and after Baggies games. Very unassuming and seems to hang around with some very grounded people. Might buy him a pint next time he’s in!

What time are you up In the morning? Do you not sleep? Why not start going Sunday at say 10 until Wednesday night with no alcohol? I have gone dry since Friday and found it hard. I think I have had at least one pint every day for a few years. Cannot wait to have a pint or two Saturday afternoon.

I likes Chiles - normal fella

What time are you up In the morning? Do you not sleep? Why not start going Sunday at say 10 until Wednesday night with no alcohol? I have gone dry since Friday and found it hard. I think I have had at least one pint every day for a few years. Cannot wait to have a pint or two Saturday afternoon.

I likes Chiles - normal fella
I’m up at 5:30, getting a train to London first thing. I can get away with 3 hours sleep and fully function the next day. Worked until midnight tonight and I’m struggling to get to sleep as a consequence, but I’ll be fine tomorrow.

Your suggestion has merit, but I think I’d need some flexibility. Perhaps I could limit myself to two days a week. Problem is, there’s always something going on, but I should be stronger at times.

I’m up at 5:30, getting a train to London first thing. I can get away with 3 hours sleep and fully function the next day. Worked until midnight tonight and I’m struggling to get to sleep as a consequence, but I’ll be fine tomorrow.

Your suggestion has merit, but I think I’d need some flexibility. Perhaps I could limit myself to two days a week. Problem is, there’s always something going on, but I should be stronger at times.

You need to do it mate. You have a zest for life and as we all get older we have to do all we can - I have no room to talk as my diet and alchohol intake are not good. But I have made small efforts this year and managed to get just a bit fitter and I feel better in myself. I have to admit I am absolutely gagging for a pint. Part of the issue is it is so fucking boring not having a drink. I feel much more relaxed when I have had a pint or two.

I am up at 6.30 and can’t get to sleep!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.