Coventry city

oakiecokie said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
oakiecokie said:
Anyone else remember back in the early 1970,s at Highfield Road,when the away fans stood neck to neck with the home fans behind the goal,with only a few coppers keeping us apart.One season we played them in February and those naughty policemen made all away fans who were wearing Doc Martin's boots to take them off and stand bare footed on concrete for 2+ hours.The bar stewards #!!!!!!!!
I think you'e the only one on here old enough to remember that, oakie ;-)
I do recollect seeing a Fatty Foulkes making his debut ! ;)
Fixed ;-)

oakiecokie said:
Fixed ;-)
Yes and without going into Google I know of this fat goalkeeper mate.
I was referring to his playing period rather than his girth :-)

You ok, pal?
Yes mate fine.21-50 hours here in BUlgaria and ready for some.sleep waiting for a 5-00 am wake up call to catch our bus to Sofia,ready for our flight back to.Manchester arriving 1-15 pm.Goodnight.

TGR said:
Ray Ranson and his mates. And he tried to buy MCFC.
There but for the grace of god go we...

Man alive, did we dodge a bullet there...

it's shit when this happens to any club to be honest, there's decent fans at every club who don't deserve it, even the rags (spits, then washes mouth out).

I grew up in Coventry can confirm it is a shithole and shit night out.

SISU are taking most of the flack from the fans and the council are getting off very lightly as well as the previous owner(Richardson?) who they think was as dodgy as a cockney 2nd hand car salesman.

Basically Coventry City FC (SISU) only make money from ticket sales. The rent for the stadium is ridiculously high, a company was awarded a food and bevergae contract for about 7 years, even the car parking at the ground is contracted to a 3rd party (he makes about 40k on a one off concert).

SISU want to build a new stadium within Coventry but the council wont approve it while the RICHO is sitting empty. The fans are paying for the piss poor management of previous owners and the council. Football is a business at the end of the day and if you can't generate income from your own stadium you are in serious trouble and SISU have every right to be unhappy about it.

Having said that f**k 'em, I took enough shite off them throughout the 90's.

marco said:
a real shame with whats going on at coventry, been there a couple of times in th 70s, at the end of the day its someone's club just like city is to us, it so easily could have been us who took the wrong road to finanial ruin, always have said the premiere league will be the only profesional league in a few years with the 2nd tier semi pro
Disagree. Second tier will be professional for the foreseeable , but the lower two divisions could very well go part-time, which wouldn't be the end of the world imo.

Disagree with both of you.

There are more professional clubs in England than at any time in history.

Half of the league Altrincham are doing so well in at the moment are full time.

That's what was the Conference North.

Virtually all the Conference teams are now full time and I'm guessing a fair number in the Conference South are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.