Cover For David Silva?

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle.

Rather than becoming obsessed with buying the likes of Maicon, Alves, & Torres in the January transfer window, David Silva is, imo, the only member of our current squad that we cannot adequately cover for when absent.

Now that he is injured, I do seriously hope that this is is a situation that the club are actively looking to remedy, as, I feel, the lack of a skilful midffelder to open up the opposition, may seriously affect our chances of finishing in a top 4 spot if not dealt with in the next 3 weeks.

Does anybody else agree, and if so who would be your choice for the job?

Hazard.jpg

AJ or Milner is best support we got,if theres such a player,I mean who could cover what Silva does during a match ? Not many out there thats for sure

There isnt a player out there in Silva's calibre who'd be content joining us as second fiddle.

A 'lesser' playmaker, someone with a lot of experience and at the tail end of their career or a youngster may be a better shout - someone like Ronaldinho but with less baggage.

Hopefully Mancini has already considered this and see's the potentail that Gai has to grow into Silva's role, but i think he is a different type of footballer to him.

Oh how i'd love us to go for Wilshire.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Rather than becoming obsessed with buying the likes of Maicon, Alves, & Torres in the January transfer window, David Silva is, imo, the only member of our current squad that we cannot adequately cover for when absent.

Now that he is injured, I do seriously hope that this is is a situation that the club are actively looking to remedy, as, I feel, the lack of a skilful midffelder to open up the opposition, may seriously affect our chances of finishing in a top 4 spot if not dealt with in the next 3 weeks.

Does anybody else agree, and if so who would be your choice for the job?

Tbh mate I think we have it covered within the squad, just bring in AJ/JM and play a slightly different style; also when Dzeko signs then we can always play Tevez a little deeper and more in the Silva role; not sure we should go and spend £20M on another bit part player myself

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.