Cover For David Silva?

Blu KB said:
There isnt a player out there in Silva's calibre who'd be content joining us as second fiddle.

A 'lesser' playmaker, someone with a lot of experience and at the tail end of their career or a youngster may be a better shout - someone like Ronaldinho but with less baggage.

Hopefully Mancini has already considered this and see's the potentail that Gai has to grow into Silva's role, but i think he is a different type of footballer to him.

Oh how i'd love us to go for Wilshire.

Agreed - thinkin' about it, what about someone like Charlie Adam from Blackpool?

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
Agreed - thinkin' about it, what about someone like Charlie Adam from Blackpool?

Decent player and probably good enough for a starting birth in 75% of prem teams,subsequently,money aside,why would he want to sit on our bench?

Even though we're the richest club in the world we're never going to have a 2nd string XI that's exactly like the first choice players.

We don't have anyone with similar styles of NDJ, Yaya, Silva or Tevez. They're all vital and very unique but all teams have that.

Chelsea has no cover for Drogba, Anelka, Lambard, Terry.
The rags have no cover for Rooney, Berba, Scholes, Rio.
Arsenal has no cover for Van Persie, Walcott, Nasri, Fabregas, Almunia.
Liverpool certainly has NO cover for Torres and Gerrard!
Tottenham has no cover for Crouch, Van der Vaart, Modric, Bale.

By cover I mean a similar player - in style and quality - who can readily step in.

FantasyIreland said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:

Decent player and probably good enough for a starting birth in 75% of prem teams,subsequently,money aside,why would he want to sit on our bench?
Money and Trophies. Same could be said of Gibson, Anderson and Carrick at United, Wilshere and Diaby at Arsenal and Huddlestone and Jenas at Totenham. Lots of players would rather be squad players than starters on a loser. Especially with better money and profile. That said, don't want Adams.

Beg Barca to let go of Alacantara. Better yet go to the source. Spain. There are a lot of make the squad better type players in Spain. It is frankly mostly what they produce. Granted probably none outside the top 3 Spanish teams are as good as Silva, but they will be sure better than what we have at gluing a squad.

Santi Carzola, David Lopez, Juan Mata, Xavi Hernabdez, Xabi Prieto, Boja Valero e.t.c. And we could prolly get most for less than 7 million. At least outside of Carzola and Mata

Steven Pienaar is pretty similiar to Silva... not as good though. And i dont think he would like to be backup.

Tbh mate I think we have it covered within the squad, just bring in AJ/JM and play a slightly different style; also when Dzeko signs then we can always play Tevez a little deeper and more in the Silva role; not sure we should go and spend £20M on another bit part player myself[/quote]

couldnt agree more

Ntini77 said:
Hazard.jpg

THIS! EDIN HAZARD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.