Cover Versions (worse than the original)

I can't stand the cover of "ready or not, here I come" that is used for the House of Fraser Christmas advert. The fact that she sings, "ready or not, here I GUM" winds me up more that it really should !

Anything where some girl has got her acoustic out and tried to asthmatically 'give feeling' to some rock classic in a slower, breathy attempt. Heard this done to Motley Crue's Live Wire a couple of weeks ago, should have renamed it Slow Plodder. I blame All Saints for starting this off with their massacre of RHCP's Under the Bridge - I mean, a song all about drug use, homelessness, not belonging, despair, and they tried to sexy it up. Now it seems to be the other way, slowing down classic songs and giving them a greyscale mood, regardless of what the song is actually about. I hope they triy Asian Hooker by Steel Panther next ;)

Oh and Don't Speak by No Doubt. Oh wait, that was just he riff they nicked from Dream On...

Has to be that fucking awful version of "mad world" done by Gary jules originally done by tears for fears.

Cringe every time I hear the new version. Was on a lloyds advert not long ago I think.

The original version wasn't great but the Jules version is just Whiney shite imo.

I'm a big fan of Daniel John and his early work with Silverchair but this cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit is beyond ridiculous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.