Cover versions you think were better than the originals

This just came up on Nation 80s.....

Way better than the Prince /symbol version.

I always liken Prince’s version of someone being seduced by a sexy, alluring, sophisticated, provocative and classy stunner.
That version ? Some fat, pissed up slob at the end of the bar in the local Labour club who’s had way too many pints trying to cop off with ‘Janice’ the chubby barmaid.

I always liken Prince’s version of someone being seduced by a sexy, alluring, sophisticated, provocative and classy stunner.
That version ? Some fat, pissed up slob at the end of the bar in the local Labour club who’s had way too many pints trying to cop off with ‘Janice’ the chubby barmaid.
I don't think he's taking himself too seriously there. Which I like.

I know this will be sacriledge to some, but for me Frankie Goes to Hollywoods version of Born to Run beats the Springsteen version hands down and gives it the raw urgency the song deserves. Springers sounds like he's singing it in slow motion in comparison as he mumbles through it.

Shipbuilding by Robert Wyatt.
Wyatt gives the song a unique, haunting quality that even the great Elvis Costello couldn't match in his original version.
Not only one of the greatest covers ever but one of the greatest performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.