Cover versions you think were better than the originals

The whole performance was just stunning.
They surprised a lot of people when this was aired. I must have listened to this a thousand times, and watched it nearly as many.
It's far from perfect, but it's perfect nirvana, and it's how I like to remember Kurt.
He doubted himself as a musician (as do a lot of his ilk) hence the buzz effect on his guitar, but we end up with the best mtv unplugged ever recorded.
We have a string section, pat smear grinning, krists snake like almost groovy bass lines, and Kurt's teach yourself guitar, guitar.
And that voice. Normal, almost insignificant, until provoked by the tune he's just remembered he wrote, or was a fan of, then it all comes out, like he's trying to exorcise demons from his larynx.
That last note from where did you sleep last night still, after all these years, affects me somehow. And that last audible inhalation before he closes out, to me, feels like his, well, you know, his last.
Not sure what happened to the long haired scruffy looking drummer though...
Great post.

Cheers.
I'm not a fan of the x factor but now and again a half decent talent comes along and I kind of take notice.
This clip is full of bullshit, oleary, Cowell, that Irish fella whose name escapes me. All making money off her in one way or another.
But she comes on and nails the song. I guess I have a bit of respect for her. I hope she's made a few million, fair play to her.
You're still right of course, the original is the better version, but she's giving it a go I'll give her that.

From the Yank version of X factor… another great cover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.