Covers that sound bettter than the originals

Yeah, Telegram Sam was also better than original.

I think I went to Rock City once in 88/89 :-)
88/89..Mel Machin promotion season.i got brave and wore my Rock City black leather jacket to the first match of the season...Hull away.we lost 1-0
Peter Swann (i think)scored with a towering header from a corner.Dibble was nowhere...,Saw Dibble in the East Stand sunday pm at half time..he has not aged at all..Not many recognised him,he was low profile,but i let on to him discreetly..just happened to be wearing the late 80s City training zip up top,so Andy would have realised he,d been spotted : )
Anyway...back to Rock City.it was a place and a half to be fair..Bauhaus Siouxsie Sisters etc,by the time you got there in 88 ,the big sat night had all turned glam rock/Cock Rock....meh.
Edit.Never wore me biker jacket again to a City match.we lost.fuk dat.
Edit2: just checked ,and it wasnt Swann who scored at hull,he only joined them from leeds in 89
think he might hv scored against us at Leeds in a another early season 1-0 defeat.....

Last edited:
Ever heard the Donny Hathaway's version. I love Karen but in my humble opinion he owns that song. Just like his live version of Jealous Guy.... amazing.
Thanks, no, haven't heard that version - I'll have a look for it now.

The sax break on the carpenters version is an absolute classic in its own right and gives me goosebumps, so it will be tough to beat.

EDIT: Just listened to it. Very nice, I now realise where Ray Charles and Mick Hucknell copied their versions from!

But the Carpenters one still owns it for me.

I cant decide with this one, depends on my listening mood

Billy Bragg - A new England or Kirsty MacColl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.