COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been at home since Friday with a cough. Dad in nineties been ill for 3 weeks. Working remotely until Friday to comply with advice. It is very serious now.

Same boat mate, I've had a cough for 8 days, and my dad in his 70s has had a cough for over 3 weeks! May be unrelated but I kind of think we both have it. Scary times, good luck to you and your dad.

Goodricke is now on Campus East. The old Goodricke is now part of Vanbrugh College. The best place on campus is probably Courtyard (in the Derwent Quad) or D-Bar. Though, the Charles remains one of the better places in and around campus.

Sounds like there have been significant changes since I left. Happy memories from the Charles.

Anyway, I don't want to get accused of thread drift....

Although I did hear the average age for the Italian deaths is 81.Did they die of it or with it. There is a marked difference
Er, not really. It would be a bit of a stretch to imagine that someone in Italy gets tested positive, gets seriously ill, gets taken into hospital and then presumably intensive care and then dies. And then we conclude it has nothing to do with Coronavirus. There's been 2,158 recorded deaths from this in Italy and I imagine 2,158 of them are people who died from as a result of Coronavirus.

There is a separate question as to how many of these people might have died anyway over the next year or two, had they NOT contracted Coronavirus. That's different.

Whether Liverpool do what is irrelevant now. We all need to stick together as a nation and keep an eye on the vulnerable.

Tesco just rang me,the drivers are told to ask everyone if they are ill,i told him yesterday i had it 3 weeks ago so his manager rang me to say they wont bring my shopping in again but leave it at the door,i told him i haven't been infectious for about 2 weeks now but he still says they wont bring in my shopping,doesnt make much difference to me but they really need to educate themselves about it,they cant catch it off me now
You should have told them kaz there's 200 men in m/Cr would walk over broken glass to deliver to you oh and one in Worsley who wears silly overcoats.

Er, not really. It would be a bit of a stretch to imagine that someone in Italy gets tested positive, gets seriously ill, gets taken into hospital and then presumably intensive care and then dies. And then we conclude it has nothing to do with Coronavirus. There's been 2,158 recorded deaths from this in Italy and I imagine 2,158 of them are people who died from as a result of Coronavirus.

There is a separate question as to how many of these people might have died anyway over the next year or two, had they NOT contracted Coronavirus. That's different.
Although it's probably impossible to know for sure

Keeping safe and well is ultimately the priority for you all. I was only jesting. Keep up the good work

I was in work last week even though I felt like shit. None of the coronavirus symptoms as such so went in (appeared to be just a bad head cold). When staffing cuts mean resources are already stretched you don't want to put added pressure on your colleagues.
Thanks for your good wishes ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.