COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to brave the shops today looking for nappies, the amount of scrotes coughing and spluttering into their hands and then continuing their shopping, picking up things, putting them back. They are filthy and they don’t listen to any advice. This message today will largely fall on deaf ears. People think it doesn’t apply to them. They still don’t realise it’s possible for our country to be in a health crisis.

Just had someone on TV live in 'ull in a pub. Lots of people - when asked why they aren't staying away the gist was 'why shouldn't we do things we enjoy?'

This is what we are up against if you don't make it compulsory.

According to Public Health England, COVID-19 poses the biggest threat to those who have weaker immune systems and long-term - or chronic - illnesses.

Some of the chronic conditions said to heighten the risk among patients are:

• Heart disease
  • Lung disease
  • Diabetes
  • High blood pressure
  • Cancer
Ireland's health services have also released a list of conditions that weaken the immune system, and include:

• Patients undergoing treatments for cancer
  • Patients undergoing treatments for autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS) and inflammatory bowel diseases
  • Patients with HIV
  • Anyone who has had organ or bone marrow transplants
Asthma sufferers are also thought to be at a greater risk of being worse affected by the virus, which causes an infection in the respiratory tract.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ditions-at-greater-risk-from-illness-11958276

It is simply not true that only the very elderly who we can imagine "would have died soon anyway" will get sick.

No one has ever said this.

This is such a frustrating part of modern discourse which makes it impossible to have a proper national conversation.

WHO and governments say something like "the death rate under 40 is 0.012%" or that no one under 59 has died in the UK and then some anonymous doctors says "its not true young people wont get ill I treated ome last week!".

There will be people from every single demographic that die from this, but we're putting special precautions to protect old people because their chance of dying is 100x that of a 30-40 year old.

So what is the actual state of play with isolating now, from what I understand if you display symptoms you isolate for 7 days but now I’m hearing if you do your whole family has to isolate for 14!! So is it 7 or 14. I’m confused as fuck.

Jessica Kirby, head of health advice at Asthma UK, said this could therefore affect around 5.4 million people in the UK.

She said: "Respiratory viruses like this can trigger asthma symptoms and could lead to an asthma attack.

"It is essential that you take your preventer, daily as prescribed. This helps cut the risk of an asthma attack being triggered by any virus, including coronavirus.

"Keeping a reliever inhaler to hand is vital, so you can use it if you get asthma symptoms.

Meanwhile, smokers have also been warned of their heightened risk from the infection due to a cigarette's effect on a person's immune system.

"This reduces your natural protection against infections, like coronavirus," a press release from the Irish health service said

It added that this means smokers are at an increased risk of contracting acute respiratory infections, of it lengthening the time of the infection, and of suffering more severe consequences.

it’s amazing how easy it is for celebrities with little or no symptoms to get tested.
Pisses me off to be honest. Not just this but getting tickets to any concert or sporting event they feel like at the drop of a hat. Table at the Ivy this evening? No problem sir. I mean it's not like they are royalty is it. They should get in the fucking queue like the rest of us plebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.