COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Aussieland is ahead of the research at the moment, they've identified the antibodies in the blood stream that are generated by the immune system in the recovery stages.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0819-2

I think the Chinese had already discovered blood transfusions from recovered patients helped some cases but I'm guessing that identifying the particular antibodies will possibly help more in their recoveries.
Don't tell Trump FFS. He'll be waving his cheque book again, trying to buy exclusive rights to any Aussie vaccine.

Right im kind of in the im alright Jack boat whereas im pretty certain when the country goes into lockdown ill be receiving full pay from work but the thought of being cooped up indoors for a number of days absolutely terrifies me.

Is there any way of finding out if I could volunteer at 1 of the supermarkets that are going to still be open, or even within the NHS doing anything they need me too, obviously for no pay

A few of us with underlying health conditions were sent home by our employer this morning. Decisive action thank goodness. I just feel so sorry for those left to man the fort, but even more sorry for people losing their jobs. The hospitality industry, and self employed, need particular help at this time. Contingency measures should be introduced asap...the usual processes need to be dropped and emergency measures put in place.

It’s causing rows with family now. Mother in law says “it’s only advice, it’s not like we’re being forced to do anything. It’s just advice if you’re worried about it, but I’m not worried”. I am losing the will. I’ve told her to visit my son less than normal and it’s like I’ve shat on her cereal.

Right im kind of in the im alright Jack boat whereas im pretty certain when the country goes into lockdown ill be receiving full pay from work but the thought of being cooped up indoors for a number of days absolutely terrifies me.

Is there any way of finding out if I could volunteer at 1 of the supermarkets that are going to still be open, or even within the NHS doing anything they need me too, obviously for no pay

they won’t want a random member of the public wandering around.
Why not see how many oldies in your street need help getting food supplies in?

A few of us with underlying health conditions were sent home by our employer this morning. Decisive action thank goodness. I just feel so sorry for those left to man the fort, but even more sorry for people losing their jobs. The hospitality industry, and self employed, need particular help at this time. Contingency measures should be introduced asap...the usual processes need to be dropped and emergency measures put in place.

what’s interesting is that so many people and organisations have individually decided that the government’s response is inadequate. Football, other sports, cinemas, schools, airlines etc together with thousands of companies and self employed individuals. All streets ahead of the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.