COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been posted yet but...

I’m going to explain Boris’s method for anybody who doesn’t quite get it. I’m not saying if I agree with his plan or not but here goes

His plan is to segregate all vulnerable people (older, ill and at risk) let’s call this group A

Anyone looking after the older, ill and at risk can be group B

The general population generally healthy can be group C

Group C needs to go about its business keeping the country moving kids at school us at work

Group B looks after group A and avoids contact with C

Group C is allowed to contract the virus and because it’s generally healthy it can cope with it better than group A

Group A and B are almost self isolating without the virus to avoid putting strain on the NHS and reducing the risk of getting the virus and then needing the NHS

Group C (the generally healthy) go through the cycle of contracting the virus self isolating and being looked after by healthy family members, friends and the local community
Anyone who has complications gets looked after by the NHS while groups A and B are kept away The NHS are not strained by A and B while it's looking after complicated cases in C

As group C comes full circle and recovers it divides in to groups that take group B’s position looking after group A allowing group B to go though the cycle

With B and C though the cycle
A is free to have NHS to itself because B and C are now clear from illness and infection and hopefully have a degree of immunity from getting it again this season.

Hope this helps

good post.

just curious now though, supermarkets must be the highest alert for spreading this virus -
Could there not be some sort of way for the elderly outside to pay a young worker to run in and get their bits. That way inside is young and Middle Aged.

good post.

just curious now though, supermarkets must be the highest alert for spreading this virus -
Could there not be some sort of way for the elderly outside to pay a young worker to run in and get their bits. That way inside is young and Middle Aged.
iceland have introduced OAPs only 8-11am, no one else in if your not OAP,,great move

same here and they have mobilised the militia!!
The missus is from Basel, with most of her family in Basel, Bern, or Zurich.

We were scheduled to travel back for her best friend’s wedding in June.

We’ll see if that happens...

A bloke on the telly was asked the question whether, if a family is doing the 14 Day isolation and a second family member gets the virus, does the clock restart. He said, no. If the second one catches it on Day 12 the rest can still come out of isolation after Day 14.

seemed like good news, but what is the rationale?

good post.

Lidl, here in Ireland are operating shopping times for the elderly. 9a.m. - 11a.m.
It’s a good idea I think. Not just that it cuts down the mixing with others element, but they were being completely left behind during the mad first couple of days, where twats were stockpiling.
So the shop would be sufficiently stocked for them when they come in at these hours.
Other local supermarkets that I know of have banned children. Cut the numbers down and made it single shoppers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.