COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vaccine is miles away, we might as well forget about it.

The big hope for a silver bullet is the Dutch lab which found an antibody and has partnered with a big pharma company to mass produce. The trials and production phase for them is much smaller and it's an actual treatment for people who are ill.

Any more details of this anywhere?

Difficult being in separate households to my 7 year old and 45 minutes away in London.

His mother is already in full on panic mode.

The vaccine is miles away, we might as well forget about it.

The big hope for a silver bullet is the Dutch lab which found an antibody and has partnered with a big pharma company to mass produce. The trials and production phase for them is much smaller and it's an actual treatment for people who are ill.
Yep i think there is a lot of clever people working on drugs that can help now

Re: Schools

My wife who works in a hospital lab dealing with all the testing etc, was talking to another professional in a higher capacity - and taken with a pinch of salt, the government currently to not have the power/authority to close the schools en masse and need to pass a law to allow them to do this. They are going to get it through the HoC on Thursday and close the schools on Friday.

Apparently/allegedly etc........

Thought is worth sharing, as it makes a little bit of sense.

Head teacher told me that the DoE can do it. Schools cant do it themselves.

I have been pretty agrophobic for a decade and i hardly go out so i am fully set up and just being my normal self,some beautiful souls on here got me out and to 3 games and travelling,nothing i thought i would be able to do again,i will miss that but being back in my bubble is absolutely fine,it is therefore quite difficult for me to understand how the rest of you feel about being isolated,get the practical things like food deliveries sorted out and spend some time talking to people on the phone,really talking and not the quick chats or texts that we do these days,that will help
There is always someone to talk to on here,keep the football banter going,there is no reason to stop laughing at the dippers and rags to pass the time,this will pass eventually

Thanks for sharing that, Karen. I am just at the stage where I question the point of everything. Never been a slave to money or too ambitious, my Mrs has more than enough of that for the two of us. Made a decision a few years back to go to uni, and try and get something other than a mundane job, which I know I can do better than. Ive had a keen eye on the news throughout this virus, to my detriment with wasted mental energy. I see an economic mess after this, hindering any job prospects, holiday plans cancelled, and both my parents are very vulnerable for this virus. Need to be strong for them, but I know I’m struggling.

Any more details of this anywhere?

There's not been anything since the announcement they found it a few days ago.

https://nltimes.nl/2020/03/14/dutch-researchers-first-find-covid-19-antibodies-report
There are a few others working on similar research toward effective antibody treatment, as well — multiple channels to implementation are important, so we should welcome multiple major entities focusing their activities on this given a vaccine is still far off.

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/vir-biotechnology-nih-biogen-coronavirus-antibodies/
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/17/reg...irus-drug-ready-for-testing-early-summer.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.