COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's disgraceful that teachers aren't getting tested. It's like they don't count. I've had to self isolate and have obviously had the virus but can't get a test. That's because if I was diagnosed the school would have to be shut down. It's a game that could cost lives. My colleagues have elderly parents who they are now probably passing it onto. And how many kids will have it without showing symptoms. Million? Also, if I was tested and shown to have it, I could then help society when fully clear - when they eventually close schools down - by running errands for old people, collecting prescriptions, wheels on meals... anything. I will be on full pay after-all. Teaches are very lucky as they/we will be financially ok, but we're probably the most at risk group in the country for catching it

My son had to self isolate and was never tested I suspect millions of people are in the same boat and they have elderly relatives etc, it's a bit shit but it's where we are and it's the same for everyone bud. On your wider point of testing everyone so that they will show that they have had it and would be clear, they will still be effectually carriers.
I know I wont be tested and I have promised myself that I will help out where I can and accept the risks involved when they arise, that I believe is what we can do individually.

Is anyone’s mental health affected by this? I’m 42, part-time bus driver, masters student. I just can’t be bothered with anything, all the news is go grim. Wish I could hibernate till 2021
I have been pretty agrophobic for a decade and i hardly go out so i am fully set up and just being my normal self,some beautiful souls on here got me out and to 3 games and travelling,nothing i thought i would be able to do again,i will miss that but being back in my bubble is absolutely fine,it is therefore quite difficult for me to understand how the rest of you feel about being isolated,get the practical things like food deliveries sorted out and spend some time talking to people on the phone,really talking and not the quick chats or texts that we do these days,that will help
There is always someone to talk to on here,keep the football banter going,there is no reason to stop laughing at the dippers and rags to pass the time,this will pass eventually

I am happy Cadiz are just fine.

I’m part Spanish, having grown up splitting time between Zaragoza and Manchester (as well as a few others places due to my parent’s work), have lived in Barcelona for a decent period since going off on my own, have quite a bit of family there still, and go back quite often after moving away later, so I generally know how things are there, mate (though, if can still vary substantially depending on what city/region we are discussing).

My comments were mostly in jest, hence the elipsis and winks, but I can also say that the Guardia Civil, CNP, and local police forces can be just as “good” and “bad” as most other law enforcement around the world. That said, at times, there are certain contingents (specifically some local police forces for certain municipalities) that can be overzealous (to put it mildly) when there is the appearance sod civil disorder. That does not mean Cadiz would be among them. Mine were blanket jokes but I rarely make blanket serious statements as they are rarely accurate.

I completely agree that drunken brits do often cause plenty of issues that need “addressing”, though! ;-)
Totally agree with that. There has been overzealous policing with regard the Catalan situation.
Can only say that at the moment here people seem to be behaving responsibly and with good humour and the police responding in kind.
We are only really on day 4 though, so things might change if people start suffering from claustrophobia.

People here love being outside,partly due to the weather and partly due to temperament.

UK education secretary to make statement at 17:00GMT

The UK government's Education Secretary, Gavin Williamson - responsible for the system in England - will make a statement in the House of Commons at 17:00GMT.

In the past hour the governments in both Wales and Scotland have both said their schools would be closing by the end of the week.'

Totally agree with that. There has been overzealous policing with regard the Catalan situation.
Can only say that at the moment here people seem to be behaving responsibly and with good humour and the police responding in kind.
We are only really on day 4 though, so things might change if people start suffering from claustrophobia.

People here love being outside,partly due to the weather and partly due to temperament.
Yeah, the ultimate response to long-term isolation is what I worry about with my great aunt in Barcelona (Sants) — she has a flat on the street which until recently was perfect for her. A cousin and I have been managing care remotely for her as she can’t get around and the ship closures have made things more difficult. She has a few health issues that also need to be consider and we can only take so many precautions with keeping others away from her. I hope everyone continues to act responsibly.

I don’t worry about it as much for the elderly members of the family in Zaragoza, as it is a culture that is not so geared toward outside activity and constant entertainment. And they live in family villa which is fairly isolated (which is also a curse for managing care, though).

So I was supposed to go to Sri Lanka to watch the cricket but once cancelled I never went. Tests at Sri Lanka airport including temperature and a confirmation about where you have travelled etc and if you failed 14 days quarantine .

a couple of mates still went and have now had to get back early as flights being shut down.

so they flew out of Sri Lanka through Dubai hub with all the people trying to get back from all over. He said the flight was full of old people who had been on cruises floating around in the sea until someone would take them into port.

got back to Manchester airport this morning just walked straight through the lot of them , the usual passport check but no questions, no analysis of health or where they have been, no temperature checks. Just all breezed in.

You hear about things like this and you think what’s the fucking point.

So I was supposed to go to Sri Lanka to watch the cricket but once cancelled I never went. Tests at Sri Lanka airport including temperature and a confirmation about where you have travelled etc and if you failed 14 days quarantine .

a couple of mates still went and have now had to get back early as flights being shut down.

so they flew out of Sri Lanka through Dubai hub with all the people trying to get back from all over. He said the flight was full of old people who had been on cruises floating around in the sea until someone would take them into port.

got back to Manchester airport this morning just walked straight through the lot of them , the usual passport check but no questions, no analysis of health or where they have been, no temperature checks. Just all breezed in.

You hear about things like this and you think what’s the fucking point.
When the post doomsday analysis eventually starts I suspect our non existent Border Agency Controls will get torn apart. People from Milan were walking through Customs even when Italy was clearly in meltdown.

Our chief medical officer says it would be amazing if we get it in a year even,clinical trials and getting it licenced cannot be short cutted

The vaccine is miles away, we might as well forget about it.

The big hope for a silver bullet is the Dutch lab which found an antibody and has partnered with a big pharma company to mass produce. The trials and production phase for them is much smaller and it's an actual treatment for people who are ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.