COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some woman on the news in a piece about social distancing in other countries and the lack of it here has just said nothing much has changed for her because if they follow advice they’re giving in to it. “It” being a virus that doesn’t understand the concept of defiance. Some people deserve to die.

You may be right Marvin. I hope so. Something needs to stop this now. It’s getting well out of hand in Europe. As well as the 3000 plus dead in Italy there are also another 3000 ish in critical care. Its a sad time for all of their nation and will be for ours in a few weeks.
It is out of hand and its going to get a lot worse. We all know that.

I am hopeful though that emergency measures will brake its growth but we haven't seen much sign of it yet in Europe. The PM said 12 weeks to turn the tide. I am hoping within a week we will see some moderation in Italy. That will give everyone hope and belief that although the epidemic will shoot up, it can be turned around. It will no question turn around the question is at what cost and that is an unknown.

Italy’s numbers today.

3405 deaths / 41035 cases = 8.3% case fatality rate! That’s fucking scary as hell!

do you have links to the building of hospitals please?

China seem to have close contact with people, Italians seem to always hug and kiss and be very touchy feely, same with the French. Some of these Eastern European and South American countries could spread it quick too

Easy to be a Brit, close contact you can say bugger off and if there is a potential virus it's a bit easier

A pneumologist from well respected Uni clinic Hamburg-Eppendorf just stated on tv
doubling ICU capacity won't work as non-covid severe cases have to stay,
PPE is getting more and more scarce which is absolutely unacceptable,

and even if most people are disciplined keeping social distance out on the streets (many annoyingly don't)
"we are now at the point that there is no alternative for a lockdown in Germany", he stated.

You lot really should hurry up, having lower capacity than us.
It's an exponential curve mind. Remember Italy. That's the most important fact.

If WE go into full alert, I tell you, you have no reason to hesitate anymore.

Except the number of cases could easily be a hundred times the quoted figures.

And I'll keep updating this, but I've been tracking Italian deaths for a few days and there does definitely seem to be a downward trend here. Not in the numbers of deaths per day, which is still going up. But the number of deaths as a percentage of total, does appear to be falling. This is somewhat encouraging at least.

My guess is that as long as compliance is above a certain percentage then the policy substantially achieves objectives. And that the incremental benefits from increasing compliance to 100% doesn’t justify the resources involved. Doesn’t justify the risk of public disorder. They don’t want the police or the army out on the streets enforcing a ban. So they’re prepared to tolerate a degree of non compliance that comes from not issuing bans.

From the tone of Johnson’s comments in the last couple of days, my guess is that they’re happy with the level of of compliance outside of London. London is clearly a problem and I suspect that’s why rumours of a lockdown and travel ban came out in the last few days. Scare Londoners into greater compliance.
Spot on.
I suspect they will simply close cafes, restaurants and public houses and limit numbers that an enter other businesses as a first step.

Except the number of cases could easily be a hundred times the quoted figures.

It’s still the case fataility rate tho.

and as I keep pointing out. In China the WHO looked for the iceberg assuming the known cases were the tip, they didn’t find it. So this is the calculation they are using to calculate mortality rate.

I honestly think this is a case of showing what happens when there isn’t enough ICU beds.

It's already passed the medicine safety tests.
It's just a tick box exercise to give it provisional usage for a different illness - the NICE style effectiveness fur purpose can be dealt with later
It's an existing drug. Some old people here will be on it and not know it as it's used in some arthritis medicines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.