COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait until it really hits the poor African, Central American and Asia countries. It will kill millions

They actually have a much lower olde percentage of people in the elderly demographics and apart from Nigeria the population density is lower but yes their existing health care systems are not suitable for this apart from S.A and they have very high numbers of HIV infected people in the sub Sahara

They actually have a much lower olde percentage of people in the elderly demographics and apart from Nigeria the population density is lower but yes their existing health care systems are not suitable for this apart from S.A and they have very high numbers of HIV infected people in the sub Sahara

However, we'll never know the true extent of how hard it hit because they won't be able to test in those countries, so they will be examined as dying from their under lying health issue.

Don't underestimate the power of hope.

While they're talking about playing in June/July a lot of people will have something to hope for while they're trapped inside their house for the 20th day running.

They seem to have decided that they'll finish 19/20 before starting 20/21 no matter when that happens, because there's just too many people vying for too much money, so there's not going to be any cancelling of the season. It will end when it ends.
I agree with the perception of giving people hope.
I just don’t believe its their strategy. Any sane organisation faced with this issue would say we’ll take a look at it when its all over and proceed from there.
After June 1st how many players are out of contract?
How many will die or be so ill they can’t put on a performance?
Where’s their own rule about seasons must end by 1st June?
Where does their plan fit with the rest of Europe?
The season is over, hopefully we all come out the other side.

Our gardener turned up this morning and told us he'd just come back from skiing in the French Alps on Monday. Said he'd checked with his doc and it was OK to carry on working - the idea of asymptomatic virus carriers does not seem to enter into the current calculations. I told him to come back in a fortnight if he was still symptom free.

Just gave our cleaner some cash for the month but not to come back to try and help as she is getting cancellations everywhere, feel really sorry for her and a lot of people right now

I mentioned this the other day..why no figures from Russia?, is it just a case of state secrecy or are they virus free?

I agree with the perception of giving people hope.
I just don’t believe its their strategy. Any sane organisation faced with this issue would say we’ll take a look at it when its all over and proceed from there.
After June 1st how many players are out of contract?
How many will die or be so ill they can’t put on a performance?
Where’s their own rule about seasons must end by 1st June?
Where does their plan fit with the rest of Europe?
The season is over, hopefully we all come out the other side.

Statistically it's very unlikely any football players die, but even if they did, the world is going to carry on, and football will start again eventually, why does it matter if it's finishing an old season or start a new one?? No one is saying they will risk the players' health.

FIFA and UEFA are working on extending contracts by a couple of months.

Clearly the rule about seasons finishing was not anticipating a never before seen global pandemic.

The rest of Europe is saying the same, they want to finish the season that's 80% done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.