COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
First workday of with self isolation feels odd as we all feel fine , and abit like we are pulling a fast one. Doesnt feel right phoning in when feeling ok. We have to do as we are told. My lad has had closed contact with someone who has showed symptoms and is self isolating, and she stayed in our house 24 before.
I think this the hardest thing as we all feel fine but cant work for another 10 days. I guess we are all abit worried about how are employer's will react , but we have to follow governments guidelines. Seems impossible to get a 'sicknote', as i cant find any information on what to do. Some say phone NHS111 and than other advice says only NHS111 if you think you have the virus etc. Confusing times
We're in the same boat mate, a week into it so far.
My youngest started it last Monday morning when he woke up with a cough and temperature, mrs got similar symptoms a couple of days later without the temperature.
My eldest and I have had nothing but you have to get your head around the fact that you could be carrying it.
Use the online sick note @hilts put up. Just follow the instructions for being advised by 111 website.
I did it in about 3 minutes and I'm a techno idiot.

Work have allowed a workmate ( thick ****) who decided to go to Spain a week ago back into the workplace after only 7 days isolation - doesn't seem right to me.

Bring on the lockdown now.

Most companies don't give a shit mate. One woman here came back from Tenerife on a saturday and she was in work on the Monday... Not a thing said. It's really beginning to annoy me now.

That maybe so generally but people respond to crisis similarly as it’s often instinct that takes over.
Yes, but I don’t think there’s as much shame attached to anti-social behaviour as there was back then, which significantly moderated people’s behaviour. That’s the difference; human nature hasn’t changed, obviously.

Work have allowed a workmate ( thick ****) who decided to go to Spain a week ago back into the workplace after only 7 days isolation - doesn't seem right to me.

Bring on the lockdown now.
Lots of Spain hasn’t been hit too bad but if he was in Madrid or the Basque then that is madness.

Personally all flights would be grounded and anyone that’s been on a flight should be self isolating for 14 days

how long does this illnes go on for if you get it, first well known persn to get it was that Iranian health secretary,ive heard nothing about him since, and othesr have gone into quarentine and disapeared with no follow up.i thought it was 14 days and your better?

Yesterday’s numbers were a positive sign for the UK but the epicenter in Italy was already well into locked down by this point. The UK v Italy comparisons will come down to London v Lombardi.

If the UK can restrict deaths to less than 2-300 per day throughout this tricky period then you’d consider the tactics to be successful imo. But with the social gatherings still continuing you’re looking at least another 5 weeks before and real significant progress will be seen.
Agreed but personally I don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of limiting our death rate to less than half that of Italy. We did, but we've blown it and continue to blow it.

R, the number of people who get infected from the primary infection, should dictate everything. If it is above 1 then the number of new cases will grow each day, and more people will die as the fatality rate is about 1%. Admittedly we don't really know whether new cases are still increasing in the real world as testing is going up, but I think most people will fill that this epidemic is still on an upward curve. So if that is true, why in Boris Johnson's own words are we not exerting more downward pressure on the virus and banning all none-essential work.

The only logic is that they are prepared to let more people die, unless a government advocate can explain otherwise?

Interesting article about phone tracking in relation to self-isolation and restricting movement.
The ability exists and would be in use by the security services for other purposes, but hooking it up to a database of people who are vulnerable/should be self isolating and generally tracking people like the generally rich knobs who fled London for their 2nd homes in Devon/Cornwall, Wales and Lake District.
Goes against my privacy concerns, but as it already exists...https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/23/track_phones_coronavirus_who/

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/23/track_phones_coronavirus_who/
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/03/23/track_phones_coronavirus_who/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.