COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbroken.

Me and my ex have just made the unbelievably difficult decision for my 6 year old son not to stay with me until this blows over.

I normally have him for 3 days a week but he lives in Hulme and I live in Oldham. I don't drive(I use the tram) and we both feel it's just too risky. Just spent a couple of hours with him and I fear it could be a while before I see him again
Fuck me, that’s heartbreaking, sorry to hear that mate.

You’re doing what any responsible parent would do and putting your kid first and when he’s old enough to understand he’ll know it was a heroic thing you’re doing.

Still using the language of mitigation but no matter the tactics are what almost everyone wanted.

Hope to hear next about these millions of tests he ended his speech with. I hope that's not a figure of speech but a literal truth. New York are testing 16,000 people a day. Germany are testing 160,000 people a day. This isn't an objective in its own right, it can be a way of breaking the chain of infection if it's followed up with tracing and it could be every bit as effective as a lockdown.

There's no doubt this action today will save lives and destroy the epidemic. We'll have infections that were incubating, and some infection in the home, but after that the epidemic will come to a halt. I think we should have got to this point a little quicker but I am sure a lot of people are relieved tonight. No moral choices about going to work tomorrow. Let's just get on with this and beat the virus.

Italy seems to be past the peak. Germany's claims that they were at the turning point too was a surprise. Hopefully it will be realised.

Amazon is medication and essentials only in Spain now (so the wife said anyway).

Well that is how it should be their food and medical shops still available, but what's to stop them sending other stuff out.

B&Q have said they will be opening as a vital service (building and repair)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.