COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Halfords been open...Boris should of made it more clearer than just 'essential work. Very surprised if Halfords is in the 'essential work' bracket. Maybe I'm wrong.

Was thinking the same can see the store's closing I guess the motorist centres and garages might be class as essential so front line workers can get to work....still very confusing

Same.

And our firm is dragging it's feet, as usual. We'll probably shut for the lockdown 6 months after the vaccine.

Exactly. For instance there is an office below mine. With about 60 people in. They aren’t essential workers, but have to use the computers they have in the office.

If the boss wants them to go in - do they have go in??

I might be coming across as thick here, but I bet lots of people are thinking the same

Nope, that's the list for essential workers - the people entitled to use schools. It doesn't include construction or manufacturing, and the Financial Times are reporting that people in those industries are still free to make journeys to work.

It's a FUDGE. Forgive me if I am suspicious that he is being deliberately, obtusely vague. I hope the papers and so forth get on them about this.

The same problem seems to plague eligibility for a raft of the financial / economic support measures. It all sounds great but there are many loopholes and people not seemingly protected. (BTW Has anyone seen a summary of the stuff that passed to protect people renting? Genuinely interested)

He could close most of them with much clearer public declarations, but I suspect he's finding it hard to come to terms with the actual idea of taking control of so much.

He is. And about fucking time the public started being responsible.
Yep. Time for people to cop the fuck on and stop treating it like a holiday. If everybody does what they are told then weve a great chance of over coming this. People acting like spoiled brats thinking they can do what they want carry on doing what they are doing then we dont stand a chance.

If this is so called lockdown , then why don't they shut the friggin airports ? There's still thousands of people coming into Heathrow and the rest of the country every 5 minutes, God knows how many of them could have the Virus !!!
He told everyone earlier today for people who live here need to fly home whilst they can
The only way to weed people out is testing,they have home testing coming through but testing is one of the ways we have gone wrong from the start

If this is so called lockdown , then why don't they shut the friggin airports ? There's still thousands of people coming into Heathrow and the rest of the country every 5 minutes, God knows how many of them could have the Virus !!!

We're closing the last standing airport tomorrow here. Way too late. The neighboring countries used it to move their citizens from abroad while they closed their airports week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.