COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting article online from Building Magazine which also says it’s a big game of poker because nobody wants to be sued for failing to fulfil contracts. You might have thought some common sense and leniency might apply in the circumstances but apparently not.
If common sense doesn’t prevail in the supermarkets and elsewhere, it certainly won’t when it comes to business contracts.

Dog eat dog.

Man eat bat.

That would be my first though. Travelling through airports and on (numerous) planes must be an absolute cesspit.
Plane travel is a problem iven the possibility of prolonged exposure to infected people but in several respects they are safer than you think because they exchange the air and filter it. They also use FUV to kill viruses and bacteria that are circulating in the air although I don't know if that is available on all planes.

Just read a brief from a Construction law advisor and it says the government has been advised by part of the construction industry itself to continue as long as we can - so we will try. Getting the appropriate money to cover the disruption is the elephant in the room.

Sky news ran an article this morning where a nurse was rightfully complaining about sharing the tube with builders who were basically ignoring the 2m rule. There some amazing people work in construction however we all use labour from the other end of the scale.

We can try and educate but we can only control them from the minute they arrive on site.

On a positive note , we can crack on.
First calls will be to our suppliers to tell them to re open.

No, as had the cough start on the Tuesday before he flew home, so the incubation is apparently minimum 5 days so he must have had it when we were together.

I guess that would back up the argument that many people may have had this without ever knowing. It's all educated guesswork at this point and until the antibody test arrives and is widely distributed we just don't know.

Ok, not really had a chance to post this over the last couple of days since I found out so bear with me and I’ll be interested to hear views.

I went on a golf trip, mentioned it on here, 2 weekends ago between Sat 14th and Mon 16th, to a very remote place in the hills on the Welsh border.

There were 11 of us in total, staying at a lovely country inn that we regularly stay at.

One of the guys, who I went to school with, lives in Australia and flew back to Oz on the evening of Tues 17th. Straight into isolation, as per their recommendations, and tested on Thurs 19th.

He got his results this week on Mon 23rd, and he is positive for Coronavirus.

He is super healthy and fit, one of the fittest 50 year olds you’d ever meet. Only had mild symptoms of a dry cough that started on Tues 17th, the day he flew back to Oz. Completely fine now, just had a few days of slight cough, no other symptoms or illness.

So, fair to say, he must have already had the virus when all 11 of us were together for the full 3 days.

He shared a room with one guy, he shared a car from London there and back and stayed at one of the other guys houses either side of golf trip. We had close quarters drinking and dinner for 2 nights running, played 3 rounds of golf together, etc etc.

We all got told of the positive result on Monday evening, via the WhatsApp group, and sure everyone will understand we were all quite shocked.

Now, not one single person out of the 10 of us who were with him is showing the slightest of symptoms, other than the usual hypochondriac stuff of cough here, sneeze there, headache every now and then etc etc

From first contact, today is now our day 12.

I just don’t understand, and would love one of these antibody tests to be able to see if I’ve had it and just been lucky to get a mild strain if that’s correct that there are different ones out there.

Thoughts?
Got to remember mate, many show no signs, some show little signs some have colds and so it scales up. Sounds like there’s a highly likely chance you’ve all had it. If so happy days, if not carry on either way staying safe.

Ok, not really had a chance to post this over the last couple of days since I found out so bear with me and I’ll be interested to hear views.

I went on a golf trip, mentioned it on here, 2 weekends ago between Sat 14th and Mon 16th, to a very remote place in the hills on the Welsh border.

There were 11 of us in total, staying at a lovely country inn that we regularly stay at.

One of the guys, who I went to school with, lives in Australia and flew back to Oz on the evening of Tues 17th. Straight into isolation, as per their recommendations, and tested on Thurs 19th.

He got his results this week on Mon 23rd, and he is positive for Coronavirus.

He is super healthy and fit, one of the fittest 50 year olds you’d ever meet. Only had mild symptoms of a dry cough that started on Tues 17th, the day he flew back to Oz. Completely fine now, just had a few days of slight cough, no other symptoms or illness.

So, fair to say, he must have already had the virus when all 11 of us were together for the full 3 days.

He shared a room with one guy, he shared a car from London there and back and stayed at one of the other guys houses either side of golf trip. We had close quarters drinking and dinner for 2 nights running, played 3 rounds of golf together, etc etc.

We all got told of the positive result on Monday evening, via the WhatsApp group, and sure everyone will understand we were all quite shocked.

Now, not one single person out of the 10 of us who were with him is showing the slightest of symptoms, other than the usual hypochondriac stuff of cough here, sneeze there, headache every now and then etc etc

From first contact, today is now our day 12.

I just don’t understand, and would love one of these antibody tests to be able to see if I’ve had it and just been lucky to get a mild strain if that’s correct that there are different ones out there.

Thoughts?

Could be a few reasons. He could be quite a low carrier and so just didn't pass it on to any of the rest of you. All of you could be more or less asymptomatic,or he could have caught it on the way back to Oz after meeting all of you.

I guess that would back up the argument that many people may have had this without ever knowing. It's all educated guesswork at this point and until the antibody test arrives and is widely distributed we just don't know.
Exactly mate, what’s the chances of 10 people not catching it from someone they spent 3 days at close quarters with? But not one of us have even had the dry cough symptom that he had.

Just doesn’t make sense.

South Korea was spiked by a religious cult early doors hence that initial spike. That’s why it looks like they now have it under control , but it’s because it is being compared to the super spreader cult early doors.

Yes but the fact remains that they were in a much worse position than us, and now they are in a much better situation than us. Jeremy Hunt just said so on national TV. It's hard therefore to comprehend that we have "done everything we could". Clearly had we done that, we'd still be in a better situation than Sough Korea. Or at the very least both our graphs of infections would look like a similar shape. Not theirs being horizontal and ours vertical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.