COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to remember mate, many show no signs, some show little signs some have colds and so it scales up. Sounds like there’s a highly likely chance you’ve all had it. If so happy days, if not carry on either way staying safe.
Yeah, I get that, just wish could get one of these antibody tests ASAP so I can confirm.

Ok, not really had a chance to post this over the last couple of days since I found out so bear with me and I’ll be interested to hear views.

I went on a golf trip, mentioned it on here, 2 weekends ago between Sat 14th and Mon 16th, to a very remote place in the hills on the Welsh border.

There were 11 of us in total, staying at a lovely country inn that we regularly stay at.

One of the guys, who I went to school with, lives in Australia and flew back to Oz on the evening of Tues 17th. Straight into isolation, as per their recommendations, and tested on Thurs 19th.

He got his results this week on Mon 23rd, and he is positive for Coronavirus.

He is super healthy and fit, one of the fittest 50 year olds you’d ever meet. Only had mild symptoms of a dry cough that started on Tues 17th, the day he flew back to Oz. Completely fine now, just had a few days of slight cough, no other symptoms or illness.

So, fair to say, he must have already had the virus when all 11 of us were together for the full 3 days.

He shared a room with one guy, he shared a car from London there and back and stayed at one of the other guys houses either side of golf trip. We had close quarters drinking and dinner for 2 nights running, played 3 rounds of golf together, etc etc.

We all got told of the positive result on Monday evening, via the WhatsApp group, and sure everyone will understand we were all quite shocked.

Now, not one single person out of the 10 of us who were with him is showing the slightest of symptoms, other than the usual hypochondriac stuff of cough here, sneeze there, headache every now and then etc etc

From first contact, today is now our day 12.

I just don’t understand, and would love one of these antibody tests to be able to see if I’ve had it and just been lucky to get a mild strain if that’s correct that there are different ones out there.

Thoughts?

Very interesting that. From what you describe, I'm not having it that none of the other 10 of you haven't been infected. I think this could perhaps be a largely positive thing in one sense but a negative insofar as a significant percentage of people are walking round with it, not displaying any symptoms of any note, and are therefore inadvertently passing it on to others, some of whom may fall into the "at risk" category

Last edited:
Ok, not really had a chance to post this over the last couple of days since I found out so bear with me and I’ll be interested to hear views.

I went on a golf trip, mentioned it on here, 2 weekends ago between Sat 14th and Mon 16th, to a very remote place in the hills on the Welsh border.

There were 11 of us in total, staying at a lovely country inn that we regularly stay at.

One of the guys, who I went to school with, lives in Australia and flew back to Oz on the evening of Tues 17th. Straight into isolation, as per their recommendations, and tested on Thurs 19th.

He got his results this week on Mon 23rd, and he is positive for Coronavirus.

He is super healthy and fit, one of the fittest 50 year olds you’d ever meet. Only had mild symptoms of a dry cough that started on Tues 17th, the day he flew back to Oz. Completely fine now, just had a few days of slight cough, no other symptoms or illness.

So, fair to say, he must have already had the virus when all 11 of us were together for the full 3 days.

He shared a room with one guy, he shared a car from London there and back and stayed at one of the other guys houses either side of golf trip. We had close quarters drinking and dinner for 2 nights running, played 3 rounds of golf together, etc etc.

We all got told of the positive result on Monday evening, via the WhatsApp group, and sure everyone will understand we were all quite shocked.

Now, not one single person out of the 10 of us who were with him is showing the slightest of symptoms, other than the usual hypochondriac stuff of cough here, sneeze there, headache every now and then etc etc

From first contact, today is now our day 12.

I just don’t understand, and would love one of these antibody tests to be able to see if I’ve had it and just been lucky to get a mild strain if that’s correct that there are different ones out there.

Thoughts?
It's encouraging that none of you have symptoms but apparently it's possible to have it and not have symptoms so I'd isolate for 14 days from the last contact date.

It would be good news for you if you have antibodies to it but you might have to wait a while to find out. Perhaps we'll find out today where they are up to with these antibody tests.

I don't know mate, and maybe when this is all over we will look back and say we did everything right.

I just cannot see it myself. I think we are going to end up like Italy or worse, and we had every opportunity to not have been. I think it stems from our inaction in the early stages 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I am convinced at that time we were thinking that everyone is going to get this, and that they didn't want to have people milling around at the peak period of infections - imagining that people would get bored of any measures introduced too soon, and then compliance would drop. So they accepted the rising infection rates whilst we did bugger all. And then they realised the catastrophic overloading of the NHS that would result, and the huge numbers of excess lives that would be lost and so changed tack. But only after precious weeks were lost.

I posted previously that our daily death rate was probably mulitplying by 10x every 8 or 9 days. Sadly I was wrong. It's been every 6 or 7 days. So a couple of weeks of not doing enough, makes a 10x to 100x difference in the daily death rate. Which is why we'll be seeing 1,000+ people dying every day over the coming days. Terrible, terrible and very sad.

There will need to be the inquest of all inquests when all this is over.

I fully get your concerns mate and some things could've certainly been enacted sooner, but I'd be horrified if at any point during this pandemic we start to announce 1000+ deaths on any given day. Nowhere in the world has so far - not even Italy - and plenty of other countries have been arguably as slow to act as us, if not slower. In fact, some countries have been less strict than us. Check out the Netherlands for example - they've put some measures in place but hotels remain open. And that's with their death toll as a percentage of overall population being worse than ours:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2020/03/coronavirus-in-the-netherlands-new-government-measures/

Just been told by relatives Thailand has implememted a month long curfew from tomorrow

You are not permitted outside between 7pm -5am where they are.
You can claim a B5000 monthly payment for those who are losing work through closures,

The full measures listed by the government

Level 1 – general emergency situations.

No one may leave the home within the specified period. Unless authorised by a competent official. The current news says that the curfew will be specified at 19.00-07.00 hrs (7pm-7am).

– Prohibiting assembly or mingling anywhere.

– prohibiting the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles Or stipulating conditions for the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles

– Prohibiting the use of buildings. Or enter or be in any place.

– To evacuate people from the designated area for the safety of the said people. Or prohibiting anyone from entering the designated area.

(1) No person may leave the dwelling place within the specified period. Except with permission from a competent official or an exempt person.

(2) No assembly or mobilisation at any place or any act which instigates unrest

(3) Prohibiting the publication of news or distribution or distribution of books, publications or any other media which contains messages which may cause people to be afraid, or intentionally distort information and cause misunderstanding in an emergency situation.

(4) Prohibiting the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles. Or stipulating conditions for the use of transportation routes or the use of vehicles.

(5) Prohibiting the use of buildings Or enter or be in any place.

(6) To evacuate the people from the designated area for the safety of the said people or prohibiting anyone from entering the designated areaLevel 2 Critical emergency situations

– The authority shall have the power to arrest and control any person suspected to be a co-offender in an emergency situation. As is necessary to suppress the violence without delay.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order calling any person to conduct a report or in for questioning.
– The official shall have the power to issue an order to seize or retain, consumer goods, chemicals or any other objects.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order to search, demolish or destroy any building or obsitcal if needed.
– The authority shall have the power to issue an order prohibiting anyone to leave the Kingdom.
– Issue orders to use military force for Serious events or an emergency situation to sustain and minimise the level of damage.

Quit clear and direct.
Nowhere near as clear as us: "stay at home, unless you can't do your job at home (gardeners, construction workers, engineers, plumbers, mechanics to name but a very, very few); stay at home, but can we have volunteers to ferry old and vulnerable people about; stay at home, except when you want to wander out for a walk, run, bike ride, swim; stay at home, unless you want to catch the next train to Euston, Glasgow, Cardiff or wherever you fancy a nice day out on the choo choo; stay at home unless you want to fly to the next major eruption of the virus (USA)."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.