COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if mentioned (or known about) but Sports Direct offered their entire fleet of trucks (and drivers) to help the nhs today in a letter to Michael Gove. Don’t imagine that’ll make tmrws papers.

that’s fine if they are , what’s that nobhead from the weatherspoons contribution?

Offering them for free, or offering them to make money when his shops are all shut?

Ha, not being disingenuous, missed out the word help, edited now. No I wasn’t suggesting they would give away the whole fleet, and it’s probably some furious backpedaling on the PR front, but a fair offer nonetheless.

Ah yep agree with that. I did read the letter and my first thought was it did read a bit like “I’m sure you agree that Evans should stay open. If you do, then there’s plenty of ways we can help you”. That might be my own bias against them though.

Hi mate, where did your letter come from? Was it from your GP or was it from the government? I was getting nagged from work in regards to a letter. I knew that I was in the most vulnerable group but had not received any communication. In the end I emailed my IBD nurse and copied my boss in it. They confirmed that I was in the highest risk group. I then got onto my GP. He said that they were not sending out letters as they were too busy.

My letter was from the NHS. Not sure if it was sent by the GP or elsewhere but it was on NHS paper. Just said similar to the text I got on Monday, about staying at home for 12 weeks, but went into a lot more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.