COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that's the problem. The Prof is Whitty's deputy and was saying it couldn't test who's got it rather than had it, not that it could but not sufficiently accurately.

What if Peston (and the FDA) is right and the government's scientific advisers have got it wrong?
Peston being wrong? My God, is that even possible? That **** is the Ibrahimovich of political commentary

Ha. She’s also got a City water bottle, City pencil case and she’s put a picture of Kompany lifting the PL trophy on the fridge.

I’ve created a monster.

edit: she’s up for getting player names in! This is great.
This could derail the thread. We're good company for each other. Sterling effort. Silva lining. Bravo to the NHS.

Er, yes. (I think I must be missing something here.)

I'll tell you my most intellectual joke. If you don't get it, try googling.

What's the difference between an entomologist and an etymologist?
An etymologist knows the difference.

I've done a lot of googling today on this thread

Reactions: Vic
Found reading up on swine flu interesting

It is estimated that in the 2009 flu pandemic11–21% of the then global population (of about 6.8 billion), or around 700 million to 1.4 billion people, contracted the illness—more in absolute terms than the Spanish flu pandemic. Actual fatalities ranged between 12,000 to 18,000. However, 9 members of the CDC estimated 150,000–575,000 possible fatalities worldwide.

+++

People are right to call for the ban of Chinese Wet Markets but I wonder how many back then called for the end of Pig Farms in Mexico/America

Found reading up on swine flu interesting

It is estimated that in the 2009 flu pandemic11–21% of the then global population (of about 6.8 billion), or around 700 million to 1.4 billion people, contracted the illness—more in absolute terms than the Spanish flu pandemic. Actual fatalities ranged between 12,000 to 18,000. However, 9 members of the CDC estimated 150,000–575,000 possible fatalities worldwide.

+++

People are right to call for the ban of Chinese Wet Markets but I wonder how many back then called for the end of Pig Farms in Mexico/America

I said the same last week. Never heard any Jewish or Muslim groups call for the forbidding of pork, not any Hindu's go after the beef market post BSE.

New viruses and diseases are always going to pop up wherever humans and animals interact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.