COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s quite a stretch though. You’re essentially arguing to punish China, given nothing else has changed since we made the decision to go with Huawei, I’d be interested to know what you think their underlying motives for being untrustworthy were in this scenario to justify that? As that is an emotive response to me and shouldn’t be linked. That’s a very dangerous road in general, history has shown that multiple times.

It’s fine with being angry, it’s never a good starting point for making a decision though. Watch all of Trumps press conference tonight and over the past two months, surely that makes you angry too, not to mention ours?

Of course something has changed since. The whole world went into lockdown thinking China’s had worked but it’s emerging quickly it’s totally manipulated news.

Whilst lockdown is the only way now, people looked to them thinking only 3k-4K had died there and it’s total bollocks.

Look at how they’ve treated Hong Kong and how many Muslims are in concentration camps now?? Why’s no **** talking about that??

These people aren’t level with our values and whilst we need to do business as they’re so big, we shouldn’t be allowing them control over our 5G network.

Fuck that.

We did pick sides with China with 5g. We picked sides with the US over other things as well.

If you’re going to take it all that simplistically, I’d argue you’re a conservative already (well, a faction within them) ;)

Personally if I had a choice, I’d have as little as possible to do with either of them right now, especially under current leadership. Unfortunately we have little choice with either. As others have said, all for a different thread though.

I said I’m a conservative, I’m not a Tory though, that’s the key difference.

If we ever pick sides with China over the US I’ll joint the fucking revolution and I’m a conservative, it will be the final nail in this once great country.

As you say, another thread.

We did and picked China. They have the tech, the US are years behind(never mind the UK)

The U.K. will promise to keep throwing work to China and they will promise to give us the best 5G and a head start on any 3rd country

we need what they are selling

Whilst it is a good guide, all governments are managing their figures alongside understandable delays in reporting deaths whilst they are being formalised with families etc.

We like condemning other countries whilst closer to home, we are getting managed updates, but are happy to take them as gospel.

There is the fuzzy line where we need to be given “good news” to keep us compliant, so we get told it’s working etc and we’re not as bad as <insert country with higher death tolls> and the “bad news” about deaths is also being managed to not scare us so much.

There is the fact that they are nearly 20% of the world’s population, which makes it statistically more likely that viruses would start there whether they eat bats or shag mongooses.

Bats are known to carry diseases though. They eat stuff that’s known to carry disease. Bats are sky rats (no not Gary Neville).

Pandemics are inevitable and they will happen in other nations but there’s a disproportionate number, even factoring population, coming from China.

The videos online will turn your stomach, especially the ones with dogs involved.

There is nothing anyone can tell me that will make me think it’s acceptable to eat dogs.

We did and picked China. They have the tech, the US are years behind(never mind the UK)

The U.K. will promise to keep throwing work to China and they will promise to give us the best 5G and a head start on any 3rd country

we need what they are selling

We did on that decision absolutely and I was for it at the time, as post Brexit we needed to forge our own way, rather than being another US State, however, there’s no fucking way we should be letting them near our network now.

Bats are known to carry diseases though. They eat stuff that’s known to carry disease. Bats are sky rats (no not Gary Neville).

Pandemics are inevitable and they will happen in other nations but there’s a disproportionate number, even factoring population, coming from China.

The videos online will turn your stomach, especially the ones with dogs involved.

There is nothing anyone can tell me that will make me think it’s acceptable to eat dogs.

I’ve seen them and agree with your post in general. Even if we all lived as sterile a life as possible, they would still start one in 5.1 pandemics.

Their cultural culinary weirdness probably bumps that up Into 1 in 4 region statistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.