COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
im no biologist but if humans have past it to cats then surely its the same in reverse as it came from animal to human in the first place
Just to be on the safe side I’m going to continue to tell cats to fuck off when they come near me.

We're gonna end up with the most deaths in Europe, despite the warnings and heads up from other countries aren't we? Sigh.

UK curve looks close to Spain on the graph but it's a bit misleading because of the log scale. I think we'll be below Spain, and Italy too, but it will depend whether we plateau around this level or come down quickly.

I thought the figures looked to be improving but I just looked at the beginning of the press conference and there was one worrying stat I missed: the hospitalisations spiked up across all regions.

They need to get to grips with the testing. Antibodies looks problematic but the most important thing is to test for the virus particularly as it seems more than half the infected people are asymptomatic.

...Have you missed the massive shutdown the country has been under for the past 2 weeks?

The massive shutdown that still isn’t the same as in other countries and could and might yet go further, that one? No, well aware of it ;) My point was more ICU capacity is not as critical as limiting the spread, as you gave that for the reason we won’t get as many deaths.

Like I said, hopefully we’ve done enough.

No, not necessarily. All these countries can and will end up with different shapes on these graphs. ~4 days ago Whitty said our hospital admissions had been stable for a week. With no immediate danger of exceeding NHS capacity, that should mean we start hitting the plateau quicker than countries who were overrun.

The trajectories can change all the time.

If Whitty said that then I now really do fear for the entire country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.