COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. We still have 2,000 ICU beds spare with more opening up all the time and we've not had a small area overloaded.

That doesn’t matter if we allow it to keep spreading at the same rate. Hopefully the distancing we’ve already got in place is enough.

I watched her update earlier with the medical officer alongside her. She tried to say she has made a mistake let’s move on but the press won’t allow it to be dropped.

Was a crazy error.

I begs the question if she won't take her own advice why should anyone else?
I was surprised nobody asked them that.

Her position is untenable and wee Jimmy has dropped an almighty political bollock be not sacking her.
Despite all her prognastications Wee Jimmy is defending the indefensible.
Once again the Police have also shown that there is one rule for the rich and one for the poor how can they justify fining some people but this clown was let off with a warning? If I had received a fine in Scotland I would contest it if on nothing else on the grounds of inconsistency by the Scotish plod.
I don't think we have seen the last of this and heads should roll. This is scandalous and foolhardy in the current climate.

Edit I see the clown has now resigned. Wonder how much backstage pressure was put on by Wee Jimmy after the mauling she received in that presser.
You could see she was struggling to defend the action of the CMO and her own position of "I need her to stay"
Very damaging to Wee Jimmy either way.

Last edited:
Scotland's chief medical officer, Dr Catherine Calderwood, has resigned after being criticised for not adhering to social distancing advice by visiting her second home.
Frankly I don't know why Nicola Nicola Surgeon tried to keep her on.

It is being reported that a Malayan Tiger has tested positive for Covid-19 at the Bronx Zoo in New York. Several other big cats including Lions and Panthers are also ill and appear to have caught the disease from a keeper who is ill with COVID-19.
Lets hope transmission is one way or the whole self-isolation system throughout the world maybe at risk from domestic felines.
im no biologist but if humans have past it to cats then surely its the same in reverse as it came from animal to human in the first place

Surely that curve suggests we'll peak higher than the rest?

No, not necessarily. All these countries can and will end up with different shapes on these graphs. ~4 days ago Whitty said our hospital admissions had been stable for a week. With no immediate danger of exceeding NHS capacity, that should mean we start hitting the plateau quicker than countries who were overrun.

The trajectories can change all the time.

As per the Johnson thread, let’s just take a minute to take a step back and keep the discussion in here sensible and civil. Things are getting a bit out of hand.

That doesn’t matter if we allow it to keep spreading at the same rate. Hopefully the distancing we’ve already got in place is enough.

...Have you missed the massive shutdown the country has been under for the past 2 weeks?

The shutdown takes roughly 3 weeks to show up on the numbers, that's coming up soon.

It is being reported that a Malayan Tiger has tested positive for Covid-19 at the Bronx Zoo in New York. Several other big cats including Lions and Panthers are also ill and appear to have caught the disease from a keeper who is ill with COVID-19.
Lets hope transmission is one way or the whole self-isolation system throughout the world maybe at risk from domestic felines.

Easy answer just cull all the cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.