COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off-topic perhaps but I am finding his videos informative, but increasingly annoying. In that he always takes 30 minutes to explain what could be explained in 3. And the needless and endless repetition. They are so tedious, I find myself giving up after a few minutes - I just wish he would get on with it much more.

Fucking hell Chippy - i love you as a poster but you are not one to have a go at anyone for repetition!

The line of questioning from journalists is almost as if they want to rush the government into lifting the lockdown restrictions. It takes as long as it takes and if the media are seen to becoming frustrated it'll spread to the public.
Last week they were looking for total lockdown soundbites.

Slightly off-topic perhaps but I am finding his videos informative, but increasingly annoying. In that he always takes 30 minutes to explain what could be explained in 3. And the needless and endless repetition. They are so tedious, I find myself giving up after a few minutes - I just wish he would get on with it much more.

Yeah I've given up on quite a few recently, You can tell he is a teacher though. He teaches A&E nurses around the world, so I guess the repetition is part of that teaching side, especially if he's teaching people where English isn't the 1st language

Not sure if it is this one but I found it interesting and sound similar. Posted earlier in this thread.

That must have been it. I was sure it was a published article but I’ve read so much on this that you forget where information’s sources come from.

Saw this in the Guardian comments, a good point rarely made....

• Boris Johnson’s stay in hospital raises an interesting question about vulnerability to the virus. Undoubtedly he had been under severe stress for some weeks and this may have raised his stress hormone, cortisol, and possibly compromised his immune system, which may contribute to complications. This link between stress and vulnerability to viruses should also be considered in our healthcare professionals, who are often exhausted and may well be in compromised immune states. Therefore protecting them is not just a matter of providing masks etc, but also about keeping an eye on their cortisol levels and immune competence, and providing sufficient opportunities for rest and recuperation.
Prof Paul Gilbert
Centre for Compassion Research and Training, University of Derby

The problem with the last bit of your comment is that if people can't go back to work in a reasonable timeframe (I'd say mid to late May) then millions won't be going back at all as huge swathes of the economy will have collapsed.

That’s the difficult part but there’s no point in ending the semi-lockdown unless we’ve hugely increased our testing capacity because it’s only by increasing that and our ability to contact trace that we’ll be able to manage the second wave. Mandatory face masks look like they could help too but that might jar with the ideology of the Government.

Otherwise, we’ll have two weeks out of lockdown and then cases will proliferate and we’ll be back to square one again.

The Public Health Laboratory Service (PHLS) had a network of 50 laboratories. They were largely closed down leaving is with a handful of major labs (one of which is in Manchester).

That's why the UK is struggling to get its testing regime up and running unlike Germany.

Government is simply reacting and watching. They need to get ahead of the curve and instigate a mass-testing plan. If it required overseas technology so be it.
Nah, the reason is Germany is doing testing well is because it has Rosch and a couple of other businesses whose business is the manufacture of medical test kits. The UK has good science labs at universities but it's not geared to manufacture.
This is just another example of PHE bolloxing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.