COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful and worrying, 1 person catches it in a care home and it runs riot.

Those won't be in the official daily figures either.

Mentioned before that care homes really are the second front in this war. The staff there get no accolades, no cries to equip them, and deaths there are not all being recorded in the official statistics. When people write the history of this period, I think they’ll be highly critical of how we as a society treated the people in these homes.

You sound like me mate. I live in a first floor flat, I also like to go out for a cycle/jog/walk but I just think we need a few weeks off it... or some Police out and about because I’ve seen none and I live near a Police Station.

The police are utterly useless to be honest.
Dont agree with their over zealous heavy handed approach that I've been reading.

I respect your opinion but I dont agree with it at all.
You have to remember that a lot of people haven't got gardens or big houses like the privileged. I live in a small flat and I'd go stir crazy if I didn't run.
I think the majority of people are respecting the rules but their will always be the idiots flaunting it.
I get that, I honestly do. But nobody said this was going to be easy. There are too many people not listening to the rules for it to be viable anymore to trust us with limited freedom of movement. There are literally hundreds of ways to produce endorphins in your own flat. Running is not the only exercise that has positive effects on mental health... ALL exercise does. So it boils down to not liking being cooped up, which is totally understandable, but it’s just something we all have to get used to. Needs must.

I don’t want it to happen. I’ve enjoyed going out cycling, jogging and walking at times I’m usually in work. But I’ve just felt there’s been a change in numbers out and about this week, seen lots of things online with people saying the same thing.

And many of them I saw today were abiding by the law by being out jogging and cycling but they were running right past others within two metres and when cyclists are close to the pavement they’re well within two metres of you on the pavement. Some cyclists, if you learn forward a bit, you could give them a kiss on the cheek as they went past they’re so close to you.

This isn’t just a usual situation, this is a lockdown, and it’s been implemented in Italy and Spain.
Ban all excerise bar walking then. I agree about the cyclists and joggers by the way. They're a fucking menace. Everyone else is swerving each other and giving way. Then you get these fuckers weaving in and out of us strollers.

Why punish everyone because some dickheads misbehave?
Instead we should be dealing with the dickheads as they’ll still go out and mix whilst the law abiding person will stay in.
Scrap drink driving and let everybody own a hand gun? It's because of the dickheads that the sensible ones have to make sacrifices. Not the my two examples are sacrifices but I hope you get the point.
I have felt far safer in the supermarket than on a short walk as the runners and cyclists breeze past me trailing their own fetid miasma in their wake and certainly not giving two fucks about staying two metres away.
I do take the point regarding mental health but the reality is you don't have to leave the comfort of your own home to work up a sweat.
Too many people are of the mindset that this applies to other people.

I think the problem is people driving to somewhere to walk,if you have an accident you not only take up a bed but you put yourself at risk of catching the virus,i think we only supposed to be close to home

Not to mention the "what the harm if *i* drive out into the countryside to do a bit of exercise", applies a country full of other people too.

It would be of no harm if he does it, but what about the other 66m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.