COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend af mine who works for a medium sized construction company in Suffolk has been told that he will more than likely be asked to return to work on the 27th of this month.. He says quarries, for aggregates and such like will be open this coming Monday.. With builders merchants opening On the 27th also... I was a bit surprised,is anyone else ?

A friend af mine who works for a medium sized construction company in Suffolk has been told that he will more than likely be asked to return to work on the 27th of this month.. He says quarries, for aggregates and such like will be open this coming Monday.. With builders merchants opening On the 27th also... I was a bit surprised,is anyone else ?

how do they know and can say that when there isn’t an announcement on lockdown until I think tomorrow ?

I'm not sure what the under-40 part is, other than a cut-off point - it's not really important, other than being younger rather than older.

From a cursory read, it posits a theory that anyone whose white blood cells of the immune system beats off the virus quickly and thus the body getting round to making antibodies. What that might also mean is that younger recoverees may not have antibodies in their plasma.

This is more of a testing study to find possible leads for future work, rather than a plain failure with no benefits coming from it.

I'm not sure what the under-40 part is, other than a cut-off point - it's not really important, other than being younger rather than older.

From a cursory read, it posits a theory that anyone whose white blood cells of the immune system beats off the virus quickly and thus the body getting round to making antibodies. What that might also mean is that younger recoverees may not have antibodies in their plasma.

This is more of a testing study to find possible leads for future work, rather than a plain failure with no benefits coming from it.
It will be interesting if we find an additional route as well as the vaccine,on the face of it though they can all get a 2nd time which is a blow for the immunity question

It will be interesting if we find an additional route as well as the vaccine,on the face of it though they can all get a 2nd time which is a blow for the immunity question

I agree that it does seem to suggest the need for a rethink on immunity being standard for all recoverees.

Just watched the UK briefing back. "We are confident that we can meet testing demands in the care sector because we have had over capacity in the testing system for the past few days." Well why didn't you use it then?

Most advanced nations are using testing to find the infections and quarantine them.

As I have said a few times now, I don't believe they are deliberately slack, I think they are just following a conservative strategy but they don't have the bottle to explain this to the public. I think they get away with this because most people simply do not realise what other countries are doing.

As a point of information I just read on the BBC coronavirus feed that Emirates airline are testing their passengers with a ten minute blood test (not antibodies). That shows you what is possible. is the UK so decrepit that it can't organise such matters? No. Oxford Uni is one of the leading players in the race for the vaccine and they are also working in partnership with Italy and China re tests but the UK government doesn't seem interested in testing.

Watch the New York press conferences if you're interested. 100k per day testing target? They want millions of tests so that when they re-open the states they can substitute quarantine from testing for quarantine from a state wide lockdown and so that they can monitor the impact on the infection rate of re-opening their economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.