COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a difficult balancing act. However you know the problem that will take precedence is what's on the daily briefing at 5.00pm. Fighting Covid or treating an out patient. No contest. I'm not saying it's right but unfortunately the reality

I think this is what happens when we couple austerity with a crisis of this magnitude. Maybe when the dust settles our ministers can look hard and long at the our welfare state and consider bringing it into line with some of our European counterparts. No longer a time for sound bites but a time for action.

Captain Tom Moore's 100th Birthday Walk for the NHS Update

Cpt Tom Moore is walking 100 lengths of his garden for NHS Charities Together because our fantastic NHS workers are national heroes

4003%
£20,017,409.81
raised of £500,000.00 target
by 978329 supporters
In a world of celebrity's either jumping on the bandwagon or not, this gentleman (who he absolutely is) should be lauded as one. Knock those idiots of the TV. Though it won't happen, too many chavs watching love island. Oh not now though ha!

I think this is what happens when we couple austerity with a crisis of this magnitude. Maybe when the dust settles our ministers can look hard and long at the our welfare state and consider bringing it into line with some of our European counterparts. No longer a time for sound bites but a time for action.
But it won't happen, unless there is a devastating end to this crisis and I hope not. The Govt will get some praise, and they should. No need to play the politics card here

Not a political card as I am a born again Conservative..Just an observational nuance that after this terrible crisis is over they will get their arses in gear and mend what is clearly broken.
Ok, I was probably a bit harsh there. Agreed it needs mending, and actually will have a chance over this. Do think though that the European social welfare system would cripple us though.

So first they get blamed for using too much,they have been badly let down

Doctors and nurses have been advised to reuse pieces of personal protective equipment (PPE) ahead of expected shortages this weekend - even if they are labelled as single-use.
The Department of Health has published advice for all NHS workers in light of impending supply issues, which the government has blamed on enormous worldwide demand for items such as masks and gowns

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...e-ahead-of-expected-weekend-shortage-11974895

Important message from the Old Bill - funny and very well delivered lol

Is he from the Sandford force ennet?

hotfuzz4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.