COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The headline says so but the actual quotes don’t!

Well as Sturgeon seemingly wants to keep stealing Boris thunder, this is a quote from her:

Some countries are starting to look at slightly expanding what people would define as their household – encouraging people who live alone to maybe match up with somebody else who is on their own or a couple of other people to have almost kind of bubbles of people.

Everything they have announced first we have followed soon after so expect that this will be the case by mid May.

Mid May is when restrictions will start to be relaxed.

Realistically, what restrictions can really be relaxed though...?

They've said repeatedly they need to maintain social distancing and all the closures at the moment are literally made to ensure social distancing can be maintained.

The only thing I can see feasibly being lifted is people being outside for things other than essential / excercise.

Well as Sturgeon seemingly wants to keep stealing Boris thunder, this is a quote from her:

Some countries are starting to look at slightly expanding what people would define as their household – encouraging people who live alone to maybe match up with somebody else who is on their own or a couple of other people to have almost kind of bubbles of people.

Everything they have announced first we have followed soon after so expect that this will be the case by mid May.
It wasn’t an announcement it was a plan and roadmap with some suggestions to have a discussion around with the public on what might happen as restrictions are lifted and we go through the year. There was no time scale on it at all. She also said as we go go down the track as well as gradual progress there will be steps backwards. If you think she meant this as from 11th May, and as even the first step, you're mistaken.

Then she is a genius. Here are a few stills from Gogglebox and with only a few folds and snips your ready to roll. You place folded tissues inside the sock as a filter. Going to bang some out today as it's way too hot for our snoodies.

RPtgBKb.jpg

KqG4dRY.jpg

euUnuaM.jpg

EPAqvds.jpg

NhZG5rk.jpg

There are some Youtube guides on this as well if you get stuck.

No donation from the richest person in the world to her subjects.
Why is she sitting on her millions watching people dying? Fucking outrageous. Were in it together are we?
One assumes you're talking about her maj, who isnt actually even in the top 10 of the richest women in the world.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_billionaires

Anyway, how do you know? She certainly won't tell anyone if she did. Virtue signalling is not her bag.
The following article from 2012 seems to indicate that she has given £1.2bn to charity or about £23.8m a year spread between 512 different charities
https://www.theguardian.com/voluntary-sector-network/2012/jun/11/queen-charitable-support
In 2017 the queen earned about £83m
https://www.insider.com/where-does-the-royal-family-get-money-2017-1
That's about 29% of her income going to charity and all the royal staff and buildings have to be maintained from that as well.
If only all the wealthy gave as much to charity as her maj.

Last edited:
And on a different scale my (ex) Employer Lufthansa Group is bleeding 1 million Euros per hour. We are almost out of cash now even with most of us furloughed. I got the call yesterday that the original plan to start slowly reactivating in June is now pushed back at least a month.
I agree it is the same for the larger businesses as well especially when they have invested in assets that have to be worked 24 hours a day to contribute.
Difficult times mean we work normally just for cash flow recovering when trade becomes easier but as you say if you cannot trade you cannot get any contribution.

For those with cash at least they can use it, for those with a big overdraft servicing it may be impossible.

Realistically, what restrictions can really be relaxed though...?

They've said repeatedly they need to maintain social distancing and all the closures at the moment are literally made to ensure social distancing can be maintained.

The only thing I can see feasibly being lifted is people being outside for things other than essential / excercise.
Who knows.
They certainly can't restart public transport without covering our faces with cloth. If they did the virus would roar back.

Getting out of supermarkets seems to carry a greater risk of transmitting virus than the queue to get in.
In my local. If you've got a trolley you have to get in queue I'd guess of 40/50. It starts at an aisle at the far end of the shop where someone waves you through to next available check out. Straightforward thinking I guess.
But. It snakes all the way from the cooked counter, past the fresh bread and bakery, past the sliced bread, cakes and the like and all the way down a freezer aisle.
Potentially, this is contamination fucking central. Not only are you queuing in a cloud to get in but worse still you're in a fucking virus line to get out. All the time shedding the shit all over the freezers, baked goods and wrapped.
It's just crazy.

Chris Witty at the select committee yesterday explained that until they have a better idea where Rt is they can't recommend any change. They currently calculate it by back dating ICU admissions and deaths but that will change with the new weekly PCR tests along with the antibody testing which he said was not reliable enough for an individual test but would be useful on a large scale to monitor the spread.
Rt is clearly very cose to 1 at the moment as new (serious) cases have plateaued for over a week. And that's with lockdown.
A working antibody test is required to properly determine anything.

Last edited:
Getting out of supermarkets seems to carry a greater risk of transmitting virus than the queue to get in.
In my local. If you've got a trolley you have to get in queue I'd guess of 40/50. It starts at an aisle at the far end of the shop where someone waves you through to next available check out. Straightforward thinking I guess.
But. It snakes all the way from the cooked counter, past the fresh bread and bakery, past the sliced bread, cakes and the like and all the way down a freezer aisle.
Potentially, this is contamination fucking central. Not only are you queuing in a cloud to get in but worse still you're in a fucking virus line to get out. All the time shedding the shit all over the freezers, baked goods and wrapped.
It's just crazy.
It's not rocket engineering is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.