COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so you know the plan:
easing-eng-data.png
How can you do social distancing having a massage? Asking for @jimharri mate

I've no idea as I hate massage.
Just out of interest for those wondering. "erotic massage" is still not allowed. Prostitution is not illegal in Switzerland but it is heavily controlled and in the local rag there was an article making it clear that it's still off limits due to covid. i had to laugh that they even thought it necessary to state it!
Ha ha,they should have made it clear here for our idiot footballer ! Laying hands on somebody is weird,the americans are doing it whilst telling people to stay 2m away from each other,i have visions of being massaged by a broom with a 2m long handle lol

Just so you know the plan:
easing-eng-data.png

Similar to the plan of the Czech Republic. Will be interesting to see how they both go. I think Greece are also starting similar loosening of restrictions.

They all have a lot less cases than we do. Hopefully another month of lockdown can get us down to similar levels so we can start relaxing measures in a similar way if it works out there.

I’d lift the lock down by age looking at the stats. Sounds daft but shield the vulnerable. Don’t make anyone work who lives with anyone over 65 years of age and they can be furloughed.

All. Look at the statistics more closely. Alarming overall death rate, but analyse the % death rate of over 70 years of age versus the rest. Then factor in the BAME disproportionate death rate. Its very, very very sad but I watched a local news clop the other night at a care home. 4 very elderly residents were actually physically swapping saliva. They were each taking turns in taking turns in biting into a quarter piece of Victoria sponge. Before anyone says this is unbelievable, carers can't have eyes in the back of their head, and this was a piece on Covid on the local news. Finally, sadly gone before their time because of this horrible disease, but take a look at what percentage of people admitted to care homes ever come out in normal times. It may shock you. Apologies, but I have spent all day finalising extended furloughs and redundancy schedules for more than 3,000 people. We desperately need to kick start our economy.

Until we get mass testing then this will be around a long time.
2% of our population has been tested, that's all. Yet some people crave for lockdown to be released.
The testing situation is a national disgrace.
Having watched footage of recent tests being performed I would not be surprised if they are resulting in cross contamination of samples and possibly also spreading the virus to some that don't already have it. Lines of cars with windows down and people hacking up out of them, and squadies taking swabs without changing gloves inbetween patients does not look anything like good practice to me.

Anyway what purpose does testing if someone currently has the virus serve? It is only really of use to essential workers so they can go back to work if negative, the rest of us should just stay home if we have symptoms unless hospitalised in which case we'll be tested anyway. And the whole concept of pop-up test centres is even more bizarre, maybe people are supposed to try to time catching the virus so they can get tested while the circus is in town.

The tests that would be of real use in my opinion are antibody tests, but that seems to be a totally unregulated market currently so much so that even the government were ripped off to the tune of a few million quid purchasing unreliable test kits from some Chinese firm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.