COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty good thread here on rebuttals against the argument for masks. I think we're at the point now where we should even be encouraging people to make their own cotton masks or cover their faces however they can. Be honest, explain that medical grade masks aren't needed and to leave them for care-workers. Explain that cotton masks can be very effective if everyone uses them etc.

Their employer is out of line but it doesn't change the fact that they're doing it anyway, as are lots of other employers and it is putting ALL of us at risk. We all know this is happening so it needs to be addressed. It isn't enough for the government to say "we asked people nicely". Employment and health/safety law don't really empower or protect people in practice. Most people don't have the means or can't take the risk of taking legal action against their employers. Most people are scared for their jobs right now and will do as they're told.
Most people should be able to work out something suitable with their employers and, to me, that’s why the word “encouraged” was used. We need to start getting people back to work and into that frame of mind. Furloughing can’t last indefinitely.

But not at any cost. As always, a few bell-ends on both sides will behave in a cavalier fashion and I’d like to see some sort of fast-track whistle-blowing and resolution process introduced immediately.

Pretty good thread here on rebuttals against the argument for masks. I think we're at the point now where we should even be encouraging people to make their own cotton masks or cover their faces however they can. Be honest, explain that medical grade masks aren't needed and to leave them for care-workers. Explain that cotton masks can be very effective if everyone uses them etc.
Definitely.

the thing about boris is he is a leader when you want to rally and give Churchill type speeches he is in his element , so leaving the eu and brexit he is a good leader for that.

this is his and trumps worst nightmare because it requires detail and clarity of language. You are better with a Gordon brown, John major type for situations like this.
As someone who works in a job where detail is everything, one number or letter wrong in a code can mean over £3,000 in charges; also having watched Pep for four years at City where everything is in the detail... it infuriates me when people don’t investigate or produce the detail or correct detail of things.

Detail is everything!

https://imgbb.com/

Not Gail Platt’s tits, I hope?

thanks, i still just get a little image icon followed by

edit: it's even doing it in this post :D

As someone who works in a job where detail is everything, one number or letter wrong in a code can mean over £3,000 in charges; also having watched Pep for four years at City where everything is in the detail... it infuriates me when people don’t investigate or produce the detail or correct detail of things.

Detail is everything!

Most politicians don't want the detail, they are used to everything summarised and simplified, they just don't have time for details.

Then they have an over simplistic view of everything, and don't understand why you can't "just get it done".

You need to specify “BB code” when prompted, then copy that link. Let me know if you have any more probs and I’ll take you through step by step.

thanks for the offer, still cant get it to work, i dont know how i cant get this, embarrassingly i work on a computer all day, so i am fairly competent (or not as it turns out). I've always found BM forum hard to post images to.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.