COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hancock now saying that Scotland have not reduced level to be alert as their R rate is higher than in England. A quick look on the govt's own website shows the North East of England has the highest R rate in the UK yet us in the North East are now subject to the less stringent rules?????
I get the impression the lifting of restrictions in England is based on the big falls of R rate in London with little consideration for those areas still with higher infection rates.
In Scotland I live in an area like many less populated parts where infections have fallen quite dramatically. In my area we’re down to 2 or 3 new cases Every couple of days, where Glasgow is still quite high , but restrictions are being kept higher until the worst areas have improved. We are moving at the pace of the most infected areas, Doesn’t seem to be Englands policy.

You are conflating a country with a region. Whilst the North East may have the highest R rate in the UK, is it lower than Scotland as a whole. Locking down a region in a different way to the rest of the country is a different argument altogether. Can you provide a link to each regions R rate?
Cannot provide a link. It was on the local news last night. Said Scotland was 0.7 whereas the North East is currently 0.9.

I never mentioned anything about racism, but now you mention little Englanders, I’d agree that sums up the attitude in that post about the English paying for Scots and Welsh staying at home and getting pissed. I see you’ve rowed back from that comment now and are making a more coherent argument so fair enough.

your starting point is always the same

Can I call him a racist, if not

xenophobic , if not

little ENGLANDER.

then go on about cricket and village greens and the empire .

The slogan is a joke about the jokey slogan we all have . It’s not a real slogan,have you not had numerous WhatsApp’s with different joke versions of the slogan. . I don’t have it in my window at home. It’s not a real slogan.

The general point is the same it’s easy to have a more prudent policy to keep people off work in your country if the cost of doing that is borne by the general UK pot. If it was borne by the Scottish government it would be a different policy.

indeed you could argue it’s a generous impediment to people returning to work.
Certainly for a large amount of people.

I know a few that are loving their family time and look like they’ve been to Spain for three weeks with their back garden tan.

Good for them for making the most of it, but from chatting to them, they’re not over eager to return to work so long as they’re getting paid.

and that’s all fair . I think the uk government has not criticised the devolved countries response in what they have done.

I think given the vast majority of countries in Europe and the world are easing lockdown measures now I think it will be a matter of time anyway until Scotland wales and Northern Ireland follow suit . I have to say I don’t know what is happening in the Republic of Ireland and whether lockdown measures are easing there as well now, but I don’t think we are months away from a common policy

Agreed, I don't think the rest of the UK will be that far behind. Possibly 3 weeks to a month or so behind every gradual lift which happens in England.

your starting point is always the same

Can I call him a racist, if not

xenophobic , if not

little ENGLANDER.

then go on about cricket and village greens and the empire .

The slogan is a joke about the jokey slogan we all have . It’s not a real slogan,have you not had numerous WhatsApp’s with different joke versions of the slogan. . I don’t have it in my window at home. It’s not a real slogan.

The general point is the same it’s easy to have a more prudent policy to keep people off work in your country if the cost of doing that is borne by the general UK pot. If it was borne by the Scottish government it would be a different policy.
No problem with your general point but your “joke” just came across as a dig as far as I’m concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.