COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the graph please could you get it on by 1430 pm daily ,like the old days
And those colours need changing as they are the patent of Gelson.
Will you be able to do that or will you need another tutorial
Apologies, was out getting a haircut. I should be good for about 15:00 most days when back from taking the dog for a walk.

Questions

Theatre and the arts support whilst not being able to open? Furlough scheme,self employed people have grants available

Family being able to meet up ? One person outside of your household in a public place ,trying to avoid a large gatherings

Media

Care homes,is it right for them to be asked to take covid patients from hospital? Measures being taken etc,testing and PPE ,patients won't be infectious when they move from hospital,trying to keep the movement of patients and staff down,infection control measures,extra training

Not enough tests in care homes,care homes are really worried ,why are you not getting a grip on it? See above,enhanced support from public health

Care homes closing ? Extra money has gone into each councils and help for private homes as well

Teaching staff not wanting to go back? Working with unions to reassure teachers

kids safer at school than at home ? Not just thinking about covid,from educational point of view they are better at school,risk of transmission in kids ? not transmitting it more than adults,lots of risks and benefits

Why no global death rates graph when you were happy to use it before? Lady CMO happy to use the data,it is not being hidden,lots of reasons not to use it now because of differences in recording deaths,testing etc,later on excess deaths adjusted for age will be the true comparisions,about twelve months time

(No answer why they have suddenly dropped it really)

Did you prioritise the nhs over the care homes? The document from march? Did not recognise community transmission

R number increase from relaxing restrictions ? Outdoor freedoms given because it is lower risk out doors,monitor the number,if people keep social distances rules it should be able to stay at one or under

But surely these people you feel sorry for can have the wherewithal to a) make a decision for themselves to wear one and b) go on YouTube where there are about 100 videos on how to make your own mask.

I don’t understand why people need spoon feeding.

Correct.

We need some public guidance? The fuck?

Its not difficult to make a mask. There are many videos, and many instructions available.

I don’t understand how some people get out of fucking bed in the morning and manage to tie their shoe laces.

Because the government spent weeks telling them there was no scientific proof they worked! Come on man! They probably don't even know that they're now recommended and still think they're useless. This change of tact only came about a few days ago, and it was a relatively off-handed concession. There's been absolutely no push for it at all from leaders.

Why do you need a push?

If you feel that you need a face mask, whether or not you are told otherwise, then make one.

I don’t understand the need of half of this nation to have their hands held.

We are grown ups. Let’s start acting that way.

Why do you need a push?

If you feel that you need a face mask, whether or not you are told otherwise, then make one.

I don’t understand the need of half of this nation to have their hands held.

We are grown ups. Let’s start acting that way.

I quite obviously know the message and I have a mask. I've been using one for a few weeks. That has literally nothing to do with my post. My point was that quite a lot wont know that they're now recommended due to ongoing piss poor communication from a government that spent weeks telling them they were basically useless. They are doing hardly anything to let people know they have changed their stance.

I quite obviously know the message and I have a mask. I've been using one for a few weeks. That has literally nothing to do with my post. My point was that quite a lot wont know that they're now recommended due to ongoing piss poor communication from a government that spent weeks telling them they were basically useless. They are doing hardly anything to let people know they have changed their stance.

That’s so they can change back and 1) hope no one noticed and 2) if they did notice, deny it

Correct.

We need some public guidance? The fuck?

Its not difficult to make a mask. There are many videos, and many instructions available.

I don’t understand how some people get out of fucking bed in the morning and manage to tie their shoe laces.

Once again, another wilfully missing the point of my post. None of this is about how difficult it is to make a mask, or where to get one. Its about that many simply don't know the importance given the government spent weeks and weeks telling them they were useless. They need to make a big effort to correct that. They're not doing so.

The Prime Minister said there have now been 144 NHS workers and 131 social care workers whose deaths involved Covid-19.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-boris-johnson-admits-275-22020374

This is shocking and makes me very sad

There are also 52 transport workers in London alone

People doing their jobs ,i went out to the local shop today and said to him thank you for working,i said it to the two chemists i use as well and to all the home shopping delivery guys,all of them look taken aback and said thank you that really is appreciated,whilst we were in lockdown those working kept people like me going

I might be a soppy cow but I like to make people feel appreciated for going above and beyond
I also always make a point of saying thank you to staff I see no matter if they're 'just' queue arrangers without them we'd be proper fucked but the sad thing is when/if this CV stuff is history the public in general will look down on supermarket, transport and to some extent NHS/care staff...they'll certainly not be getting pay rises in-line with bankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.