COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
karen i am a diabetic better take my refund from City pointless putting on next season Time was R was only dreaded for RELEGATION I Have had 55 years of life and having 2 great boys and seeing my beloved team win plenty of silverware despite being disabled, i cant complain IT will be typical that i will meet my maker the day we hit on a vaccine

taking the parents out for dinner on that day are you?

Interesting article in the NY Times on why Germany has avoided large number of deaths.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-death-rate.html
Young skiers got it first.
A testing regieme that could be ramped up.
But most important - a distributed health service with case monitoring and early hospital admission if symptoms began to deteriorate.

They think they could have done better if they had a better track and trace system like they did in the far east.

Last edited:
Interesting article in the NY Times on why Germany has avoided large number of deaths.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-death-rate.html
Young skiers got it first.
A pre established track and and trace system that could be extended.
But most important - a distributed health service with case monitoring and early hospital admission if symptoms begin to deteriorate.
Lots more research needed as to why Germany and the Nordic neighbours had low figures compared to neighbours to the south and west. Especially if (as some want to believe) no tests were reliable until the UK said so.

Lots more research needed as to why Germany and the Nordic neighbours had low figures compared to neighbours to the south and west. Especially if (as some want to believe) no tests were reliable until the UK said so.
Germany and Switzerland have a large medical testing capability through Roche and other companies. We had labs but not the testing capability.

Was watching an article on Sky news that asymptomatic people don't get antibodies.
There is, it would appear another imune system mechanism, other than virus specific antibodies, that stops infection - especially in younger people.

Was watching an article on Sky news that asymptomatic people don't get antibodies.
There is, it would appear another imune system mechanism, other than virus specific antibodies, that stops infection - especially in younger people.

I think that news was out a while ago. Something about killer cells which take out the virus before antibodies even get an opportunity to build. Guessing it's good for the body at the time but not great news in terms of these tests and for building immunity. If antibodies aren't produced and only these killer cells have been used, I don't know if that means your body has literally built no immunity or what.

I think that news was out a while ago. Something about killer cells which take out the virus before antibodies even get an opportunity to build. Guessing it's good for the body at the time but not great news in terms of these tests and for building immunity. If antibodies aren't produced and only these killer cells have been used, I don't know if that means your body has literally built no immunity or what.
You have to have antibodies for immunity,this virus is throwing up all kinds of things that mean we can't be sure of anything,fascinating but yet scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.