COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that have had it, what were the early symptoms? I’ve been exhausted today, had three naps, feel a bit flushed and sore heady. Can’t concentrate. Don’t have any issues with a cough, breathing or loss in taste or smell. It feels very much like the flu that I get every year in October time but with that I can’t leave the bed for 48 hours.

Depends how things play out. If he's getting people through this stage which we're at, then the situation improves even by a different means, will he have done any damage?

My problem with him is that he doesn't appreciate the potential danger of his words. I follow him as I do think he says some useful things sometimes. Other times though he infuriates me. The other day he shared his thoughts that it may burn out. A theory that was basically just one possibility, literally just based on a hopeful guess tbh. Next day we've got articles in national newspapers saying 'leading professor says coronavirus could disappear'. This could then lead people to not take it seriously, dropping their guard and not 'staying alert', which could then result in the potential death of one our loved ones.

Yes, I know he didn't write those headlines, but he simply has to be more cautious. He's an intelligent man and should be aware of the potential effects of tweeting that out to 250k followers. You can literally see the effects on here - posters have cited their opinion that it could just go away, referencing him. Im not saying they have dropped their guard personally, but I guarantee someone would have. Its dangerous IMO, and it needs more consideration. I don't mind optimism, and I do appreciate it, but he needs to consider his approach a bit more at times.

I'll probably get flamed for this, and I should start with a big caveat that clearly *some* people do have mental health issues which are very real and sometimes very serious.

However, it seem to me that either the entire nation is suffering from some kind of weird and inexplicable explosion in mental illness... Or, the alternative far more likely scenario, which is that there a fuck of a load of snowflakes who just need to man the fuck up.

Only last night I heard some poor soul whinging on about how worried they were about COVID-19 and that "i'm worried about the effect on my mental health". Do people not realise that "being worried" is perfectly normal??? Some people seem incapable of dealing with even an atom of stress. I've spent my entire life being stressed and worried. It's what humans do. And we just have to get on with it, not whinge about "our mental health".

For those that have had it, what were the early symptoms? I’ve been exhausted today, had three naps, feel a bit flushed and sore heady. Can’t concentrate. Don’t have any issues with a cough, breathing or loss in taste or smell. It feels very much like the flu that I get every year in October time but with that I can’t leave the bed for 48 hours.
It hits people differently lovely,if you start coughing and feeling a tight chested in a few days time and get a temperature then Call 111 and get advice

I'll probably get flamed for this, and I should start with a big caveat that clearly *some* people do have mental health issues which are very real and sometimes very serious.

However, it seem to me that either the entire nation is suffering from some kind of weird and inexplicable explosion in mental illness... Or, the alternative far more likely scenario, which is that there a fuck of a load of snowflakes who just need to man the fuck up.

Only last night I heard some poor soul whinging on about how worried they were about COVID-19 and that "i'm worried about the effect on my mental health". Do people not realise that "being worried" is perfectly normal??? Some people seem incapable of dealing with even an atom of stress. I've spent my entire life being stressed and worried. It's what humans do. And we just have to get on with it, not whinge about "our mental health".
giphy.gif.cf.gif

Oh chippy

I think it's quite good. As someone else pointed out, the scientists seem to be getting increasingly fed up with questions from the media.
Nah.
Lots of implied criticism of government.
Like Germany, South Korea really great at testing AND
On schools opening - it is perfectly possible to have a rapid responsive testing system in place, that would be the scientific advice and it is an operational matter ( I.e. over to you Government).

Nah.
Lots of implied criticism of government.
Like Germany, South Korea really great at testing AND
On schools opening - it is perfectly possible to have a rapid responsive testing system in place, that would be the scientific advice and it is an operational matter ( I.e. over to you Government).

given her performance and nerves it also felt a bit like the govt could not get anyone more senior to do the press conference .

but I suppose if it’s good enough for the government it’s good enough for the scientists .

It hits people differently lovely,if you start coughing and feeling a tight chested in a few days time and get a temperature then Call 111 and get advice
Thanks. I’m not arsed about myself, I don’t want my 3yo to get it as he has a hole is an artery and I don’t know how that would play out. It can cause him breathing difficulties, especially in the heat so it’s tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.