COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm beginning to think that some people on this thread have an agenda. If something doesn't fit their agenda it is either ignored or shot down.

A couple of days ago, i posted a link to evidence that the biggest threat to a vaccine was due to the fact that the virus is already dying out naturally and this will stop a vaccine being tested.
The article stated that they actually hoped it would stay around a little longer in the UK until they could complete their tests. (because of its predicted path, there could be no people with the virus by late August/September)

How sound the article was, and how creditable the evidence was who knows, but not a single person quoted or challenged it on here.
I suspect if i quoted an article saying we were due a massive second wave and half a million people would be dead by September, i've no doubt certain members would have jumped on it with glee...
Apologies I meant to reply on this but got side tracked.
Social distancing does indeed make it difficult for the virus to propagate but we cant maintain it for ever as the economy would be trashed.
Personally I dont think it will die off on it's own - though I'd love to be proven wrong. Another mechanism for the imune system to defeat the virus that doesn't produce B and T cells would need to be identified for that to be possible given the number of people being identified with antibodies.
The question is, therefore, can we open up the economy and still minimise infection?
I think it has to be given a helping hand and that inevitably means track trace and test that has worked so well in Taiwan, Souh Korea and Germany.
This should dramatically minimise the virus's reproductive number and also, hopefully, keep it low when the weather forces us back into close confinement at the end of October.

I'm beginning to think that some people on this thread have an agenda. If something doesn't fit their agenda it is either ignored or shot down.

A couple of days ago, i posted a link to evidence that the biggest threat to a vaccine was due to the fact that the virus is already dying out naturally and this will stop a vaccine being tested.
The article stated that they actually hoped it would stay around a little longer in the UK until they could complete their tests. (because of its predicted path, there could be no people with the virus by late August/September)

How sound the article was, and how creditable the evidence was who knows, but not a single person quoted or challenged it on here.
I suspect if i quoted an article saying we were due a massive second wave and half a million people would be dead by September, i've no doubt certain members would have jumped on it with glee...

What do you expect on Bluedoom?

I'm going into Brum on Thursday to give Blood Plasma and have a free antibody test because they will inform me if I have antibodies.
Got a letter from the doctors surgery this morning to say that as I was ill over 28 days ago and if I'm already a blood donor I should consider giving plasma. I am so I registered for a session. It takes 1 and a half hours apparantly.

Last edited:
Apologies I meant to reply on this but got side tracked.
Social distancing does indeed make it difficult for the virus to propagate but we cant maintain it for ever as the economy would be trashed.
Personally I dont think it will die off on it's own - though I'd love to be proven wrong. Another mechanism for the imune system to defeat the virus that doesn't produce B and T cells would need to be identified for that to be possible given the number of people being identified with antibodies.
The question is, therefore, can we open up the economy and still minimise infection?
I think it has to be given a helping hand and that inevitably means track trace and test that has worked so well in Taiwan, Souh Korea and Germany.
This should dramatically minimise the virus's reproductive number and also, hopefully, keep it low when the weather forces us back into close confinement at the end of October.

Have these B cells been discussed in terms of fighting the virus as with the T cells? I’ve never heard of them.

Of course they have agendas, that’s why I use the ignore button so I don’t have see their moronic, inane ramblings. Certain people on here almost welcome an increase in deaths, new infections, lower number of tests, vaccine trials failing, new spikes etc. They are the sort of people who will moan if we are drawing at half time and will then slag of Mahrez for a poor half until it’s pointed out he is on the bench

Have these B cells been discussed in terms of fighting the virus as with the T cells? I’ve never heard of them.

The crack assault squad of the immune system:
- B lymphocites create antibodies to mark the virus
- T lymphocites are the clean up squad
https://www.cancercenter.com/community/blog/2017/05/whats-the-difference-b-cells-and-t-cells

Macrophages or other innate immune cells, such as basophils, dendritic cells or neutrophils can sometimes defeat infection but normally B and T lymphocites have to be created to specifically attack an invading virus.

Last edited:
Of course they have agendas, that’s why I use the ignore button so I don’t have see their moronic, inane ramblings. Certain people on here almost welcome an increase in deaths, new infections, lower number of tests, vaccine trials failing, new spikes etc. They are the sort of people who will moan if we are drawing at half time and will then slag of Mahrez for a poor half until it’s pointed out he is on the bench
Ffs Mahrez

Tbf it’s similar to media, good news doesn’t sell aswell as bad news. I don’t think people actually want a 2nd wave and thousands more deaths it just seemingly generates more discussion that positive news.
I think lockdown is the new religion that cannot be challenged. Anyone who points out the peak of infections occurred before the lockdown and the curve was already coming down before the lockdown due to taking sensible social distancing measures must be silenced. Professor Carl Heneghan of Oxford Uni, director of the centre for evidence based medicine, has pointed out that the lockdown was unnecessary and is going to cause more damage than Coronavirus. Nobel prize winning scientist of Stanford Uni professor Michael Levitt, pointed out that mathematically the lockdown didn’t add anything. Professor Isaac Ben-Israel also found that a similar pattern of rapid increase in infections to a peak in the sixth week, followed by a decline from the eighth week, is common everywhere regardless of response policies. In NY they discovered 66% of new admissions related to people who were observing the lockdown. Sweden has a similar R number and a lower death rate than us with no lockdown. Why are we not hearing from these voices in the mainstream media?
The other thing they’re not telling you is that every previous Coronavirus has been seasonal, very transmissible from November to April, then dies away in the summer, why should this one be any different? This is potentially good news because it provides some breathing space, however the more successful you’ve been in suppressing the spread, the more people will be susceptible to the inevitable second wave in the Autumn.
So what about the economy? Millions unemployed, a generation saddled with a mountain of debt. All those extra deaths due to the recession this causes. Suicide rates. Cardiac cases. Cancer treatments cancelled and cancer cases going undiagnosed. That’s just the extra deaths caused by lockdown in rich countries, god knows how many are going to die in the third world due to the global recession.
So why aren’t our politicians telling us about this? In short, lockdowns are popular, most people have been frightened to death by the hysterical messaging in the media about a virus that mainly kills the elderly and frail. The politicians will take credit for the reduction in the Coronavirus deaths, but when the deaths caused by the lockdown occur, there won’t be a daily news conference for these people. The politicians will not be blamed for the recession so they don’t do anything to prevent it. Yes, they are that cynical.
So what should we be doing? Social distancing, hand washing and mask wearing. We know the people who are affected by this virus. The average age of a Coronavirus death is 80. 97,5% had underlying medical conditions. We know that overweight people are also strongly affected. Diabetes is also a major indicator. These people should be locked down, or at least informed that they are in high risk groups so they can then make an informed decision about how they want to live their lives. The rest of us need to understand that we’re all getting this virus sooner or later, and for the vast majority this will be a mild illness or we won’t even realise we’ve been infected, and our kids are largely unaffected. Until we reach the stage that sufficient numbers have developed antibodies and the virus can no longer replicate, we’re going to have to learn to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.