COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The split of those new 'Covid' death figures in England and Wales (from Telegraph) shows:-

64% (28,159 deaths) occurred in hospital

29% (12,739 deaths) took place in care homes,

5% (1,991) in private homes

1% (582) in hospices

0.4% (197) in other communal establishments

0.4% (169) elsewhere

In the figures today there were fewer than the average hospital deaths for the first time in the pandemic period that week. Many of the excess came from care homes but they were well down on the previous week.

(Actual numbers were 24 fewer hospital deaths than average that week versus 1289 excess ones in care homes)

And recall these only go up to May 22. Next total might well be close or closer to normal as deaths have continued to drop slowly since May 22 in hospital.

Last edited:
Eh? What the fuck you on about? I’m quite happy not putting one on unless it becomes an official policy. I don’t use public transport and confident the minimal time I spend in supermarkets doesn’t put me under any undue pressure.
Everyone spouting about how we should be wearing masks and all countries who have done so have seen a lower mortality rate etc. So why would you buy them but wait to be told to do so.

According to worldmeter, Belgium is by far the worst with 820 per million, then Spain with 580 and us in 575
Yeah but thats just Covid-19 related deaths. All the people who go to hospital and dont die from heart attacks and strokes are dieing at home - not usually from the initial event but from a secondary event that occurs a few days later.

But how many of these extra 2500 are people dying directly of Covid or of other things because the lockdown makes them not seek hospital treatment?

Keeping the lock down causes deaths as well as easing it might risk doing. You just have to judge the right balance point.

What is clear is numbers have come way down as we belatedly got to grips with the community and care home cases.

The big problem was our inability to test test test in February/March as the WHO told everyone to do.

No government will make that mistake again now we have the ability that we had ceded to Germany by us focusing on drug development and they being well equipped with labs to do tests

Leaving the EU whatever you think of it will at least force us to be self sufficient on both areas going forward hopefully.

Its a tricky one to try to quantify as there will be some deaths caused by lockdown, people not getting the medical help they need ( although out of the 3 people I know that have needed it, they have got the help they needed but its pure annecdotal evidence there ), Lockdown suicides etc etc. but then less cars on the road so loss people killed by cars etc.

but going by the figures from the ONS.

week 21.
total. 12,288
5 year average. 9,940
difference of 2348 over the 5 year average.

Covid killed 2,589 that week.

which means we're actually below the 5 year average for non covid issues, its covid pushing us over and the graphic actually makes it look less harsh than it is..

I dont wear a mask till I go into a shop or packed area when I don a P3 sanding mask (used to protect against asbestos dust) so the best you can get.
Dont know why I'm bothering because I've had it. Still best to show willing.
(Mask and wallet is disinfected on return home for 45 mins in UC- C light.)

Everyone spouting about how we should be wearing masks and all countries who have done so have seen a lower mortality rate etc. So why would you buy them but wait to be told to do so.
Probably the same reasons as the 95% who aren’t wearing them.

I have bought some, but not worn any.
From the beginning of the pandemic I have abided by my own "stay alert, stay safe" rules.
Will not be advised by any government, when it is my life and loved ones at risk.
We don't go to supermarkets, have barbecues, go to the beach, go to a park, all safe if one listens to the government.

So because nobody round your way is wearing one you are not? That makes sense

I think people may simply feel embarrassed. Might also be worth mentioning the POTUS has chastised his political opponents for wearing them, as those who wear them can appear 'weak' and not very masculine. Yes, it sounds utterly ridiculous but it's human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.