COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats 2012., No idea to be honest. there does always seem to be a blip downwards around week 22/23.

All this data is is how many death certificates are registered week by week, it does't give causes or reasoning.

Yeh it's a really interesting graphic. Thank you for your posting of it over the last few weeks. Its almost qualifying for the Positive thread now!

Maybe it was, but as it isn't that deadly statistically, it took until Feb until anyone started to link what would have usually been a typical seasonal pneumonia death with a different virus. If it was active in China in November at the latest, I find it hard to believe it didn't get to us until Feb with all the travel over Xmas and new year.

if it was wide spread the deaths would have started sooner. if we had an exceptionally low flu season some could have been absorbed into that average but this is deaths per week, no causes attributed.

the deaths didn't spike until around March 23rd. if it was here and wide spread in Nov/Dev then that spike would have been then. there may well have been some cases early on. but wide spread? Nope. this 1 stat breaks that theory entirely.

if it was wide spread the deaths would have started sooner. if we had an exceptionally low flu season some could have been absorbed into that average but this is deaths per week, no causes attributed.

the deaths didn't spike until around March 23rd. if it was here and wide spread in Nov/Dev then that spike would have been then. there may well have been some cases early on. but wide spread? Nope. this 1 stat breaks that theory entirely.

You're probably right, nothing would surprise me though.

thats 2012., No idea to be honest. there does always seem to be a blip downwards around week 22/23.

All this data is is how many death certificates are registered week by week, it does't give causes or reasoning.

less cluttered when comparing with just the last 5 year average ( its inbuilt into there data )

avarage-Deaths-Week22-5year.png

Nope. it wont have been. Unless you can explain why it had a 3/4 month delay before it started killing people?

and on that note. time for the udpated weekly death graph.

avarage-Deaths-Week22.png
It could easily have a delay before we notice it. If it was brought in by younger people first before spreading to the older and more vulnerable. Plus if the infected were in the 100s at first any deaths wouldn't show on he graph as a spike until a few weeks after the infection rate starts to spike.

I very much doubt it, but I think this has been around longer than was first thought. Lots of Chinese were flying to spend their holiday with relatives in January. Some of those probably had the virus.
I agree. I was at Manchester Airport on 1st Feb and came across quite a few Chinese people wearing masks, and as you say, this was almost certainly happening in January too.

And yet our first confirmed case was early March. No way can it possibly have taken 6 to 8 weeks to infect the first British person.

I agree. I was at Manchester Airport on 1st Feb and came across quite a few Chinese people wearing masks, and as you say, this was almost certainly happening in January too.

And yet our first confirmed case was early March. No way can it possibly have taken 6 to 8 weeks to infect the first British person.

"Dr Gregor Smith says evidence indicates there was some form of community transmission in Scotland in February, following a question from Tom Martin from The Daily Express.

This is earlier than the first case not linked to overseas travel confirmed by the Scottish government on 11 March.

However, Dr Smith adds it is difficult to say when the virus may have been introduced to Scotland based on this."

129 new hospital deaths in England.

9 in Wales and 7 in Scotland. Zero in Northern Ireland.

Total 145

Numbers always rise on Tuesday as the weekend catch up occurs.

Presumably there will be add ons from other locations (care homes etc) not reductions as yesterday.

For guidance last Monday there were 111 deaths reported - 55 yesterday.

And last Tuesday the figure rose to 324. Today it will be 145 + (whatever added from other settings)

Last edited:
New cases. England not yet announced. But Wales + 42, Scotland + 14 and N Ireland + 3. Which seem to be low levels even after the weekend.

Scotland also reports only 21 now in ICU (down 3) and 1011 in hospital (down 31).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.