COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're probably too scared of inflaming accusations of racism to deal with it.

That's what the article in the Times seems to criticise the authorities for when the real prejudice is paying workers £3.50 per hour and doubling the number of staff working in the same floor space, during a pandemic

I'd say 4-6 weeks. Time for pub goers to infect each other develop virus and pass it to granny who would presumably take a couple of weeks to die.
Yeah I’d say it’s easily 4-6 weeks. It’s not the old and vulnerable who are out at street parties, protesting or in the pub so it’ll take a while for it to get round to these people.

If someone has a positive antibody test but never had a positive swab test do they get added to the stats?
Pillar 3 antibody test results are counted but not added to the daily stats as they represent historical cases not new cases.

Back in the early days of this thread in February and March the topic of immunity and duration and effectiveness of immunity was a hot scientific discussion that was discussed and argued about on here. I know this thread has turned very stat centric for quite a while now but I still think the findings from the imperial college of London have a place on here and may warrant some consideration seeing as the findings relate to most of the posts we used to discuss which was herd immunity policies etc.

Immunity to Covid-19 could be lost in months, UK study suggests

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-19-could-be-lost-in-months-uk-study-suggests

From a UK institution before the study is dismissed out of hand by some.

Back in the early days of this thread in February and March the topic of immunity and duration and effectiveness of immunity was a hot scientific discussion that was discussed and argued about on here. I know this thread has turned very stat centric for quite a while now but I still think the findings from the imperial college of London have a place on here and may warrant some consideration seeing as the findings relate to most of the posts we used to discuss which was herd immunity policies etc.

Immunity to Covid-19 could be lost in months, UK study suggests

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-19-could-be-lost-in-months-uk-study-suggests

From a UK institution before the study is dismissed out of hand by some.
This was talked about the other day in the media ,i have been constant on the no assuming immunity or for how long ,i have followed this very closely as it is relevant to me

The novel coronavirus could remain alive and infectious in the air for more than an hour.
The airborne claim came from Professor Wendy Barclay, a virologist from the Govenrment’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, and echoed World Health Organisation sentiments made last week

And

A town not far from Barcelona has been placed back into lockdown due to a huge spike in coronavirus cases.
In the first lockdown of its kind since Spain ended its state of emergency last month, as many as 140,000 residents in Lleida, Segrià, have been ordered to stay in their homes.

And

72,100 dead in Brazil

Rolling news
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-live-lockdown-updates-uk-22332566

The novel coronavirus could remain alive and infectious in the air for more than an hour.
The airborne claim came from Professor Wendy Barclay, a virologist from the Govenrment’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies, and echoed World Health Organisation sentiments made last week

And

A town not far from Barcelona has been placed back into lockdown due to a huge spike in coronavirus cases.
In the first lockdown of its kind since Spain ended its state of emergency last month, as many as 140,000 residents in Lleida, Segrià, have been ordered to stay in their homes.

And

72,100 dead in Brazil

Rolling news
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-live-lockdown-updates-uk-22332566

Could you have another search to pick out More of the worst news ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.