COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think judging deaths will be the best way of measuring success or failure at the end of pandemic, whenever that may be. In the meantime, as for the day to day - the rate of infection should be and will be the factor behind any decisions such as social distancing, quarantine, shielding etc.
I agree it will be but I disagree in that I think it is today too, sure infections are important but they’re only ever testing a fraction of the population and deaths tend to give us an accurate reading nationwide.

It’s like the difference between running an opinion poll and the actual general election.

Polls are often completely wide of the mark as luck on who you get comes down to it and they often don’t represent the whole country.

Last 7 days UK deaths 338
Spain 14

The new cases are however growing daily here, so it will be interesting or perhaps depressing to see what the death toll is like a month hence.

Having said that apparently 50% of these cases are asymptomatic so unlikely to die.

Whereas earlier in the pandemic only the seriously ill were tested. My niece had it, has had an antibody test. But she never had an initial test. So the death rate per case should be much smaller by the end? of all this.

Last 7 days UK deaths 338
Spain 14

The new cases are however growing daily here, so it will be interesting or perhaps depressing to see what the death toll is like a month hence.

Having said that apparently 50% of these cases are asymptomatic so unlikely to die.

Whereas earlier in the pandemic only the seriously ill were tested. My niece had it, has had an antibody test. But she never had an initial test. So the death rate per case should be much smaller by the end? of all this.
You clearly are purposefully ignoring the parts in the thread that state Spain are only counting deaths if they can be counted in the last 24 hours.

If we did that we’d have been at 0 yesterday.

Hydroxychloroquine is the cure. All over FB. 12 top doctors giving advice again today after the media shut down the original conference yesterday. The Lancet had to retract a report because it was factually untrue. All trials were given 2400mg on the first day when all that is needed is 200mg twice a week with zinc everyday.Thousands of doses have been prescribed to Americans and nobody died. Big Pharma and the media is the problem. Trumps cut thru the crap and just loaned Koday $700m to produce cheap drugs
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...B2q58fRUujCyqnwdHFpNCy2XdnqbhyxAYanmdrCP8VDcA

One doctor said that if this drug is used for early stage covid and prevention the virus will be gone in 30 days

Bollocks

Looked this thread was filtering down much like the virus was 'apparently'...but clearly there's been a bit of stark upping of the discussions worldwide. From what I can gather there's no real talk of a 2nd wave, more a continuing first wave that isn't shifting. Low infection positive tests per population is still something I can't get my head around given the relaxation of the lockdown and the high profile figures that have succumbed to it.
I'm guessing this is a combination of asymptomatic and (possibly) T cells not showing up in anti body tests.
Also there's no definitive voice on this anywhere...it's all atomised which tends to fox human brains on a quest for knowledge.

You clearly are purposefully ignoring the parts in the thread that state Spain are only counting deaths if they can be counted in the last 24 hours.

If we did that we’d have been at 0 yesterday.
Italy 50 deaths last 7 days. But I suppose they're cooking the books too.

This will please some on here and not others. But numbers are what they are.

England hospital deaths 14 with 2 from yesterday and just 1 of the 14 from NW.

Last week it was 10 with 0 from day before and 3 from NW.

So as you can see this is an increase week on week. And the 2 from yesterday is the highest (all the others being 0 or 1) since 18 July.

Make of that what you will.

Italy 50 deaths last 7 days. But I suppose they're cooking the books too.

Go back a page and read Healdplace’s post.

We’re reporting ours differently to Spain, they’re only counting deaths that can be proven in the last 24 hours.

If we did that we’d have had 0 for the last few days.

It’s that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.