COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
North West hospital data 199 Covid patients in hospital today. Exactly same as yesterday but down from 210 on Tuesday.

14 of the 85 UK ventilator patients are in NW hospitals. This has fallen by 1 per day from 18 since Sunday.

London has actually increased numbers on ventilator beds in same period to overtake NW at 19.

Patients in London hospitals have risen too over the same period from 108 to 115.

The South East has seen the biggest rise over these few days with it going from 91 to 112 in hospital. Though ventilator patients have fallen from 12 to 11.

The South West has only 20 Covid patients in hospital and nobody on a ventilator

Last edited:
What we were supposed to be doing was flattening the curve (or “squashing the sombrero”j which we’ve done. Deaths are down, the NHS isn’t overwhelmed and things are starting to move forward. We now appear to have gone to an elimination strategy whereby nobody is allowed to catch this virus. It’s crackers as well as being impossible to achieve and I really worry that, rather than learn lessons, this government seem to be getting more incoherent every day.
What do you mean nobody is allowed to catch it,we are all out including the shielders,school are coming back,bars are packed,people on holiday

What we were supposed to be doing was flattening the curve (or “squashing the sombrero”j which we’ve done. Deaths are down, the NHS isn’t overwhelmed and things are starting to move forward. We now appear to have gone to an elimination strategy whereby nobody is allowed to catch this virus. It’s crackers as well as being impossible to achieve and I really worry that, rather than learn lessons, this government seem to be getting more incoherent every day.

bang on. They have been shite

Care homes are being hung out to dry on testing

The UK's largest independent provider of social care says it no longer has access to regular testing for staff and residents because of an issue with a supplier used by the government.in a letter leaked to Sky News, Care UK chief executive Andrew Knight says there will be a minimum of five weeks before the firm is able to access another round of testing for most of its homes in England.

"We have been notified by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) that due to an issue with a particular test from one supplier, we will no longer have access to weekly testing for colleagues or monthly testing for residents", says the care boss in a letter to residents

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ce-five-week-delay-for-covid-19-test-12039188
Yeah but but but Spain...

I am sorry to hear that,getting treatments going is happening now I believe and I hope you get sorted soon,i am no gov apologist ,far from it,u think we have done masses wrong ,more people have died than should have of that there is no doubt at all

fine people have died . Old and vulnerable in the main who could have been protected with a focussed plan not a blanket plan. .

my cancer was here before Covid and will get me eventually But I feel sorry for those 0- 60 who have had their lives completely fucked for years and years by this.

what is the mortality rate for fit people under 60 ? It’s a genuine question.

fine people have died . Old and vulnerable in the main who could have been protected with a focussed plan not a blanket plan. .

my cancer was here before Covid and will get me eventually But I feel sorry for those 0- 60 who have had their lives completely fucked for years and years by this.

Here you go and it’s an absolute shocker. Ours maps closest to Italy.
COVID-CFR-by-age-1536x1190.png

I don't know,covid has been killing fit people,it is a myth it hasnt,i am sixty in a few months and it is not old ! Also there are thousands suffering long term from having covid
Look we were losing a thousand people a day,the nhs was rammed,it had to take priority,aside from that you won't find me agreeing with the gov on much,a pandemic is not supposed to be fair,honestly don't know why anybody is surprised it has fucked our normal lives up,natural occurring diseases don't care about us,scientists train all their lives for this,it is a once in a lifetime thing,it has caused untold damage but that is its purpose,i was due a smear and mammogram but will have to wait another year,I am not bent out of shape as I accept it had to be like this,i repeat,a 1,000 deaths a day,thousands in hospital,the nhs had to be protected so everyone that needed a ventilator got one,the rest of my opinion is in the political thread

Last edited:
well even if theirs a vaccine loads wont be having it if my conversation with 3 sets of parents at the grandkids footy training.they said theirs no way they would risk it and would rather let the old people try it first to see if its safe.
Well that is just stupid,any vaccine has been worked on by the world's best scientists from multiple countries,there will never be a safer one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.