COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obvious problem that people see and are somewhat perplexed with is that they are fine to meet total strangers in a pub, can imbibe copious amounts of alcohol and pretend to social distance (really?) but can't visit their lonely mum or dad and sit in their garden, 2 metres apart.

It is in my opinion, a total farce and the way the government has handled it, is amateur at best.

Look at this way, if 2 people each have a lonely mum, one person goes down the pub, the other visits his mum.
Which lonely mum has most chance of getting the virus?.

The obvious problem that people see and are somewhat perplexed with is that they are fine to meet total strangers in a pub, can imbibe copious amounts of alcohol and pretend to social distance (really?) but can't visit their lonely mum or dad and sit in their garden, 2 metres apart.

It is in my opinion, a total farce and the way the government has handled it, is amateur at best.

They are trying to keep the pub industry alive and help the economy somewhat.

It’s obvious that infection rate is going to fast in certain places so they just want to cut that down, most people will not venture in a Pub because of this announcement alone. It cuts down the infection rate.

It’s obvious that infection rate is going to fast in certain places so they just want to cut that down, most people will not venture in a Pub because of this announcement alone. It cuts down the infection rate.
I know fine well what they are trying to do, although in their standard piss poor way, but if they meant it, the pubs would shut first. It's a total farce, I was all for it at first, but it has become a total joke, this government has fucked up just about every step of the way. Every step from now on is causing people to question the logic and now often ignore the approach, due to the knee jerk or seemingly random, often belated reactions.

This is not about the Conservatives or Labour, this is about piss poor management, every step has been vague at best!

I know fine well what they are trying to do, although in their standard piss poor way, but if they meant it, the pubs would shut first. It's a total farce, I was all for it at first, but it has become a total joke, this government has fucked up just about every step of the way. Every step from now on is causing people to question the logic and now often ignore the approach, due to the knee jerk or seemingly random, often belated reactions.

This is not about the Conservatives or Labour, this is about piss poor management, every step has been vague at best!

Ok. But starting from now.

The R Number goes above 1 in Manchester. What would you suggest the Government do ?

I don’t blame them for that, however the comms were shite last night.

Now we know it makes sense.

Ok. But starting from now.

The R Number goes above 1 in Manchester. What would you suggest the Government do ?
Perhaps the same as in London, aka F-all?

It's already higher than Greater Manchester there by the way...do keep up.

DD-COMPOSITE-R-RATE-MAP-20JULY.jpg

Perhaps the same as in London, aka F-all?

It's already higher than Greater Manchester there by the way...do keep up.

DD-COMPOSITE-R-RATE-MAP-20JULY.jpg

No need for the sarcasm.

was genuinely asking what you think the government should do when the R number goes above 1.

back to a full lockdown ? Close pubs and businesses again ?

Or a partial lockdown like they’re doing now with some grey areas

Or what ?

No need for the sarcasm.

was genuinely asking what you think the government should do when the R number goes above 1.

back to a full lockdown ? Close pubs and businesses again ?

Or a partial lockdown like they’re doing now with some grey areas

Or what ?
I apologise for the sarcasm, but you seem to be pro anything establishment, no matter what. No, I think we should use common sense, use 2m rules - where possible (despite the fact that it doesn't work very well at work - believe me) and we should be allowed to visit our loved ones, wearing masks if needs be, as we would were we to visit a pub, for example. I think that people would happily visit family, wearing masks etc, it's not rocket science is it?

Edit - This doesn't really answer your question fully, I know. The pubs & businesses should stay open where safe, but we should still be able to visit our loved ones using the same rules, masks etc. As I've already said, it's not rocket science is it?

Last edited:
I apologise for the sarcasm, but you seem to be pro anything establishment, no matter what. No, I think we should use common sense, use 2m rules - where possible (despite the fact that it doesn't work very well at work - believe me) and we should be allowed to visit our loved ones, wearing masks if needs be, as we would were we to visit a pub, for example. I think that people would happily visit family, wearing masks etc, it's not rocket science is it?

Think you must have me mixed up with a different poster.
I voted Corbyn and most folk down here think I’m some leftie nut job.

this government have handled this crisis shambolic ... but I am weary of people being over critical because at most stages they are in a no win situation, whatever road they go down and however they communicate it - it will be heavily criticised by most people. Also, it’s easy to label this as just Boris and a handful of others, I suspect his getting advice from a field of people from all different perspectives.

would agree with your point tho - if you visit family urge you to wear a mask if indoors, very few would but it would help I s’pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.