COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better news though is that case numbers fell to 771. Just 4 more than last Saturday.

That is from 190, 220 tests - 33,000 more than last Saturday.

147,002 of those were pillar 1 & 2 - over 6000 more than last Saturday.

722 were from England - 92 less than yesterday. Though there were 8000 more tests yesterday.

That's just under 0.5% positive tests from England v 0.5% Scotland and 0.25% Wales.

Last edited:
Two Saturdays ago UK hospital deaths were 13 and out of hospital deaths 27 = total of 40

Last Saturday UK hospital deaths were 25 and out of hospital deaths 36 = total of 61

Today UK hospital deaths were 6 and out of hospital deaths 68 = total of 74.

That is a rather concerning rise in out of hospital deaths and might be masking the apparent good news if it is occurring because hospitals are sending people home to die to get the numbers off their books.

Not suggesting they are but this is something I trust someone is looking into in government as it looks a disturbing pattern.
They don’t send them home to die, to get the numbers off their books. Home is where the vast majority of people would prefer to die. This number will be made up quite a few of those patients who were positive weeks/months ago who have rightly been sent home (or been admitted to a hospice), and didn’t have Covid when they were discharged but have since expired from some other condition, or a complication of Covid. I’d expect that number to keep rising for a month or two yet, to be honest.

Regional cases scoreboard reflects the slight reduction but still leaves the NW in the worst and relatively similar position as before. With just under a quarter of all new cases.

London 103 - actually rose from 91

West Midlands - 64 - up from 60 but 4 of last 5 days have been stable in the 60s.

Yorks & Humber 106 - big drop from last two days in the 140s.

As for the North West - we did fall for the second successive day and record the lowest in 4 days

172 - down from 212 and 209 last two days.

They don’t send them home to die, to get the numbers off their books. Home is where the vast majority of people would prefer to die. This number will be made up quite a few of those patients who were positive weeks/months ago who have rightly been sent home (or been admitted to a hospice), and didn’t have Covid when they were discharged but have since expired from some other condition, or a complication of Covid. I’d expect that number to keep rising for a month or two yet, to be honest.

Hopefully you are right. But as I say someone should be asking the reason why hospital deaths are falling and out of hospitals not.

It may even be a quirk of end of week data recording.

Just pointing out it exists and someone needs to know why.

Hopefully you are right. But as I say someone should be asking the reason why hospital deaths are falling and out of hospitals not.

It may even be a quirk of end of week data recording.

Just pointing out it exists and someone needs to know why.
I agree.

Seeing as there is more space now in hospitals then it doesn’t make sense to be having more deaths happening at home.

Why must we close pubs to allow schools to open? These are vastly different sections of our population. To me, this doesn’t make sense. Perhaps someone can enlighten me please? Is this just an excuse to close pubs without starting a riot?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ster-news/police-close-car-park-sale-18700793

I fucking despair. A fucking dog meet up?! Cant believe there even is such a thing.

Personally I think its things like this that are starting to send the numbers up, along with people having house parties. My neighbour has had numerous people round on a regular basis even during stricter lockdown, she ain't gonna stop now. And she wont be the only one.

I honestly think places being open with the current safety measures by and large is working. It's the people breaking the rules that are the problem. And its worrying because it seemed as though shops and businesses were starting to get busier until the last few days and the new restrictions could be a big blow to them.

The house parties, raves and the fucking dog parties, none of which were allowed anyway, have got a lot to answer for...

Two Saturdays ago UK hospital deaths were 13 and out of hospital deaths 27 = total of 40

Last Saturday UK hospital deaths were 25 and out of hospital deaths 36 = total of 61

Today UK hospital deaths were 6 and out of hospital deaths 68 = total of 74.

That is a rather concerning rise in out of hospital deaths and might be masking the apparent good news if it is occurring because hospitals are sending people home to die to get the numbers off their books.

Not suggesting they are but this is something I trust someone is looking into in government as it looks a disturbing pattern.
It could maybe be an end of month catch up from some care homes ?

Greater Manchester seems to be still driving the bulk of the England cases - as I fear will be true for a while even if the measures work.

Some good news but also some worrying rises too.

Bolton 6 (down from 11) 208 over past month - 51 over past week - 27 over past 3 days. Pop score 698.4 (700 club looms)

Bury 1 (up from 0 but looks back under control) - 81 over past month - 28 over past week - 8 over past 3 days. Pop score 705.9

Manchester 37 (up from 34 to another high) - 471 over past month - 193 over past week (another record) - 100 over past 3 days (ditto!) Pop score unsurprisingly makes the 600 club at 603.7 It has escalated a lot in past 10 days.

Oldham 13 (down from 19 and lowest in past week) - 323 over past month - 132 in past week 61 over past 3 days. Pop score 905.7 - worst in GM

Rochdale 6 (down from 10) 342 over past month - 58 over past week - 23 over past 3 days - hopeful signs. Pop score 850.0 - second t Oldham but doing better right now than they are.

Salford 9 (up from 7) 165 over past month - 57 over past week - 27 over past 3 days. Pop score 574.7 - lowest in GM and by tomorrow will be only one in the 500 club.

Stockport 13 (up from 7 to another new high) - 135 over past month - 65 over past week (worse than Oldham) - 32 in past 3 days (another high and more in 3 days than up to now they have tracked in any 10 day period). Because it has grown from little to so high one of the real problem areas I fear. Pop score 599.1. Escaped joining the 600 club by skin of teeth but almost certain to leave Salford there on its own tomorrow. Watching the way Stockport has gone from model town to disaster area over past 2 weeks was a key to why some lockdown was needed.

Tameside 15 (up from 11 - Another new high and along with Stockport big red flag) 129 over past month - 55 over past week - 34 over past 3 days. Pop score 721.6

Trafford 12 (up from 11 - another place with issues in GM) 89 over past week - 37 over past 3 days. Pop score 608.4

Wigan 3 (up from 2 but still the bright spot in GM). 73 - easily best in GM - over past month - 19 over past week - itself the worst week of past month by its standards but much lower than the rest of GM. Pop score 669.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.