COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 102 all settings deaths is an increase on last week which with all the other disappointing news makes it a very poor day today. It means the all settings deaths added today outside of hospital were 94 compared with just 82 last Tuesday.

So given what we all know will be coming in the North West out of those extra 332 cases added above yesterday when they finally fix the broken website it may have proved a day when things turned after weeks of optomistic progress.

Hopefully not and I am being overly pesimistic but over the last few days there have been some signs of increases in hospital numbers and patients going onto ventilators and I see France reported similar things today.

We are at a make or break point I think now and with the NW at the epicentre I would not be surprised to see the restrictions tightened as going into school openings in coming weeks with cases rising upwards from over 1000 will need something done to balance.

We may have a week or so to turn it around but it is hard to see people responding as the mood clearly has turned and I doubt we will really be able to enforce anything.

Its a depressing thought but we might just have to hope that cases will rise a bit but deaths do not as those who catch it are going to pull through and we have a form of 'second wave' that turns the tide without being as deadly as the first.

But hopefully in a week or two this post will look incredibly silly and things will have gotten back under control.

I will be delighted if so.

Last edited:
Sounds like I know a lot more about it than you, have very close family members permanently damaged through it, caused by flu incidentally.

So if someone has covid but dies through pneumonia, it should be listed as a covid death, but if they have flu that leads to pneumonia it should be listed as pneumonia? You're agenda is becoming clearer and clearer by the day.
Covid causes viral pneumonia,that is why you end up in hospital and you get ventilated,that leaves you open to bacterial pneumonia ,if covid has caused it then it is a covid death,this is,a different situation to just f!u, idon't record the deaths,if pneumonia kills you then it is your primary cause of death,secondary cause if you had flu would be flu

covid is a new virus,a notifiable illness that has to be recorded

if what you say is true then I don't understan why you fight me on covid causing permanent damage in some people

no agenda what so ever ,yours is and always has been it is no worse than flu

Thanks for the info HP. Out of interest, where do you find the stats on French hospital admissions? Always worth looking elsewhere, particularly in neighbouring European countries for trends, so cheers for this.

Over 1000 a week at the moment according to PHE and that is down on the 5 year average, most likely due to current social distancing measures and masks etc.
Are we really on track for over 52,000 flu deaths in a single year? And, if so, how/why? That would represent an incredible spike on the norm.

More people have died from the flu for SEVEN weeks in a row now.
Seriously what is the government doing here? open things up more and get normality back!!
There subscribing to the 2nd wave doom merchants.
Open the country up.

that theory is working out well for the states at the moment.

@Healdplace have you put all of your excellent daily updates into one place like an excel sheet? i am interested to see the timelines but from your analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.